Arsenal duo sign new deals (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Arsenal captain Patrick Vieira and fellow French international Robert Pires have finally put pen to paper on new contracts.
Vieira has committed himself to the club until 2007 with Pires agreeing to stay for another three years, ending a summer of speculation concerning their futures.

Vieira, 27, joined Arsenal in from AC Milan seven years ago,just before Wenger took over as manager.

Pires, 29, joined the Premiership club for £6m from Marseille in the summer of 2000.

With the new season starting on Saturday, the duo's decision to sign new contracts is a boost for Wenger, who has only brought in goalkeeper Jens Lehmann over the summer.

Vieira told the club's website: "As I've always said I'm very happy here at Arsenal and it's always been my intention to sign a new contract with the club.

"I'm delighted to have sorted everything out and be able to put this to one side and fully focus on what matters most - playing football and winning more trophies with Arsenal.

"I'm really confident about this season as we have a great squad here, with great team spirit and fantastic talent.

"I really believe we'll go from strength to strength. It's also fantastic news that Robert has agreed a new deal as he's also a really important player for the Club."

Pires, who was finally offered three rather two years as he wanted, added that he was targetting the Champions League his contract had been resolved.

"It's my personal goal to continue to win trophies in England and also win the Champions League which is of course one of the club's objectives.

Wenger reaffirmed his belief that the pair would always stay with the club.

"As I have said before, I never had any doubts that both Patrick and Robert would sign new contracts with the club."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3145337.stm

-----------------------------

Now we (Moggi) can forget if we let Davids go we can have another class player like Vieira in for free (actually I'm not a great fan of vieira, but if Davids left for free then I would more than welcome Vieira 2 join for free as well)....

Sign a new deal with Davids and buy Mexes!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Juventino

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
    How would we get viera for free. Straight swap??

We should get mexes
    if he hadn't signed new contract then he would move as free agent, since he has been linked to JUVE so many times we would for sure be a hot
    candidate...

If we loose Davids next season for free then we might get another player for free, now that Vieira is out of the question I think Stankovic will bee
    the player Moggi goes after....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i seriously dont think we need either of them. We have appiah and maresca if davids leaves and stankovic to me is the man to get before vieira.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I mean, Viera could never have replaced Davids directly anyway, could he? Wouldn't he be more of Tacchinardi?

I never would have thought that would go anywhere, this was no surprise.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    I heard that on CNN news last night indeed and I'm glad that they remained. Once, because I like Arsenal ;). And twice, because we don't really need them at Juve and Vieira could never replace Davids. Never, even in his dreams.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Davids - Please sign a new contract! :nervous:

PS. Appiah, Maresca, Brighi, Blasi, Stankovic. Not Vieira.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)