Are we missing a trick here? (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First of all Carvalho is a must especially if he is for free, second Ivanovic should be really good addition but somehow I doubt we gonna sign him (you know same old story aka. Gabby Millito: to much talking but nothing concrete), about Da Costa I'm not sure cuz I didn't saw him that much and I suppose that he will cost much too.

@Dule: I'm not sure about Castillo cuz I didn't saw him in action, but I would appreciate if you can say is he good enough for us?
Well he`s doing good job here but you know that our league sucks,only two decent teams.I cant say much about him.He is good in air,short passes,bad shooter.I dont know if he could do good in juve aswell.He also played good at Coppa America.Anyway if he comes is anyone from our midfield going?He have too many players at that possition.We was supposed to come in summer but he stayed to help Red Star in CL and for fans but maybe he will join us at winter now.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I'm only worried that if Castillo comes than who is going to leave us? We are already covered at CM and also that could mean a less chance for return of Marichiso and Nocerino chances will be limited even more. If we are after some big star CM than I wouldn't, but if we are going to sign someone who is good as Blasi than I'm tottaly against it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i havent seen castillo playing for a club but he is very impressive for the mexico national team. i dont think he should be in the CM he could be a SS. he's got speed, vision, and a great eye for goal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i havent seen castillo playing for a club but he is very impressive for the mexico national team. i dont think he should be in the CM he could be a SS. he's got speed, vision, and a great eye for goal.
Different Castillo. This one is a DM and is Columbian I think.

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    I took the liberty of posting players that may get itchy feet because they are not playing regular for the clubs this season

Real madrid Miguel Torres, Higuain, Saviola, Gago, Marcelo and perhaps Robinho and Cannavaro

Barcelona Rafael Marquez, Gudjohnssen, Deco and Sylvinho

Valencia Vicente

Chelsea Shawn Wright Phillips ballack and Sheva

Liverpool Sissoko and Mascherano

Arsenal Djalby

I am sure they are more, not saying go for all but its worth exploring

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I took the liberty of posting players that may get itchy feet because they are not playing regular for the clubs this season

Real madrid Miguel Torres, Higuain, Saviola, Gago, Marcelo and perhaps Robinho and Cannavaro

Valencia Vicente

Arsenal Djalby

Interesting list. Out of the lot I think

Marcelo,
    Robinho,
    Cannavaro,
    Rafael Marquez
    Sissoko,
    Mascherano
    Ballack
    Sheva
    Deco

can help immediately, especially Deco and Canna. However, I personally don't think our current situation would help us bring players of highest quality than before. Simply because, foreign teams will always be willing to sell players as long as Juve are willing to meet the quoted price. The teams which don't sell players to us would be Milan, Inter, Lazio, Fiorentina, and Roma. These are circumstances whereby it is more difficult to negotiate with them asking exorbiant fees way above normal price. If anythingelse our current position is hindering our board to take in best players, simply because, we havent got CL games, and these days CL is minimum requirement for any decent player. However, I truly believe next year, us fans can expect some really big signing. As for Sissoko, that mofo can rot in a slum that Liverpool is.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
    Aug 1, 2002
    I wanna see Sissoko calling for help after spending the season on the bench, what a f*cking moron!
    Once we're back in CL we will be able to attract quality players, especially younger ones.
    Chevanton is a player that seems to be dying to leave Seville, he would come real cheap too.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    The biggest loss in last Juve transfer market operations is that they didn´t manage to sign their 1st choice players, which was almost never the case but it was kinda expected due to the effect of relegation. No wonder people are complaining we ended up with average players. Juventus didn´t have bad transfer plans, however thy didn´t manage to realise their plans, hence we ended up like this. The positive thing is that Juve is finally thinking about younger players to represent this shirt in the near future.

Patient is the most important thing we have to be.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005

Valencia Vicente

Arsenal Djalby

Vicente is a no brainer as far as im concerned.The guy's a natural replacement for Nedved.He's immensley talented.The regular 'spanish players dont succeed in Italy' argrument doesnt count for much as far as im concerned.Though,yes,his injury rate is a cause of worry.

Im not too sure about Cannavaro now.I mean,when we got back into Serie A,the Cannavaro option looked good.I cant say the same anymore.We're grooming Cristico.And i think he deserves a chance.Plus Cannavaro would be 34 next season,so you cant expect him to be on top of his game for too long now.And besides,the reason Cannavaro would have been a good inlcusion this time was because i think that he would have helped us achieve CL promotion.He was never going to be a long term solution,even if we had gotten him this season.Take a year more out of his career,a year more of low confidence in Spain,and i dont think Cannavaro's return next season would be a viable option.

Ballack would be a very good addition IMO.We need someone like him in our midfield.He's a better player than Almiron and Tiago,but i dont want the Juventus careers of either of them hurt because of Ballack's aquisition.

Im a bit confused about what Shevchenko could do for us.The man still oozes class,but if Chelsea put him on the transfer market,would he want to come to us?Milan would be interested in him anyway.And he'd prefer going there than coming to us i think.Plus the age factor plays somewhat against him.If we really want a new striker,we should go for someone younger.Adding a 30 year old Shevchenko to a squad that already has a 33 year old Del Piero and a 30 year old Trezeguet isnt entirely right as far as im concerned.Still,Shevchenko does remain a tempting prospect.

A name that ive brought up about a billion times before,and id bring it up again,is that of Cassano.We need a replacement for Del Piero.Cassano is 25years old,and has loads of talent.He isnt as expensive as he was while at Roma either.Plus now he's at Sampdoria,which means that we wont have to tune him up instantly after the Madrid fiasco.Sampdoria will do that.If he has a good season,which i do think he will,i think we should definatley try to sign him.I know he's a risk because of his temper n all,but its not like we never had hot headed players before.His talent does make up for his temper,and besides,his 2 years in Spain would have taught him a good lesson.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    i was never a fan of the big transfer fees- juve never was the club who spend that big like real or the other even if we could. we ever build a strong squad and the players became famous because they played for us.

adelove

The Very Special One
    Sep 29, 2003
    We are undoubtedly the biggest name not in Europe by far.

Most teams do not like selling their players to direct league rivals or champions league rivals.

I am not sure if a situation like this would present itself for us again. We are in aposition to buy excellent players from the teams in cl, as we are not there, they would have little qualms about selling players they are not that desperate to keep.

Look around the teams from England, Spain, Germany there are some fine players there that we could get either on loan or permanent that those teams would not mind giving to us because we are not a threat to them.

If only we had a board with foresight
    There's nothing really wrong with our board.Our absence from the champions league dealt a great blow 2 our pulling power......The players we got were d 1's 4 whom their was no competition from any of the other big clubs...
    I 4c a VERY interesting 2008/09 summer transfer season 4 us bcuz by then we WILL b back in the UCL n all d big players will desire us again

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i was never a fan of the big transfer fees- juve never was the club who spend that big like real or the other even if we could. we ever build a strong squad and the players became famous because they played for us.

I guess your forgetting the season where we signed Buffon for £32m and also got Thuram & Nedved :D

However, i know what you mean, traditionally we aren't a team that spends big and players tend to make their name at Juve eg Zambrotta.

But sometimes it is necessary to spend big during a rebuilding process eg when we sold Zidane. And i think we need to bring in a couple of a real quality players

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

Valencia Vicente

Arsenal Djalby

Gudjohnsen is a great shout. A very underrated player, he was very close to leaving in the summer and would probably be available for a reasonable fee in January.

He is an extremely intelligent footballer.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
    I guess your forgetting the season where we signed Buffon for £32m and also got Thuram & Nedved :D

However, i know what you mean, traditionally we aren't a team that spends big and players tend to make their name at Juve eg Zambrotta.

But sometimes it is necessary to spend big during a rebuilding process eg when we sold Zidane. And i think we need to bring in a couple of a real quality players
    ok buffon was a big transfer but we paid the fee with the transfer money we get from zidane

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Gudjohnsen is a great shout. A very underrated player, he was very close to leaving in the summer and would probably be available for a reasonable fee in January.

him playing alongside Trez would be sick...Trez is a natural goalscorer..whilst Eidur is an intelligent player with an eye for picking a pass.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007

I agree. Really underrated. A very versatile player too.

and to the people who say screw Sissoko. Remember that his rejection of playing for us was good for us. It allowed Nocerino to wear the Juve jersey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)