Are the 'threats' by the players Justified? (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I guess the new management don't know that they can fine the players and SILENZIO STAMPA still exists. :D

Still, the players can say it once or twice if they don't trust our management and want the best for them and the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
If it is the players who are whining, I'm with Swag: if the media, they should get off their posteriors & go & look for real stories. That is what they should be doing instead of making up rubbish!

Zaf has a point though!

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
But are their threats justified?
IMO Yes, they are used to fight for the honours and neither fans, players or the staff of Juventus don´t want to be average in Serie A, but the reporters should avoid repeating the same questions to our players every week.

That shows how boring Serie A is...

I wish the papers would print the questions that their reporters are asking. That way we could get a much better sense of what's going on. This is just my speculation of what the weekly interview goes like:

Week 11

Reporter: So, Gigi, what are your hopes for next season?
Buffon: ...blah blah, I want a strong team, we're doing well now but I don't want to be on an average team in Serie A.
Reporter: Will you be around?
Buffon: No idea yet, there's a while to go.

Week 12

Reporter: Are you going to be here next year?
Buffon: I don't know yet.

Week 13

Reporter: Are you definitely not going to be here next year?
Buffon: I don't know...there's a long way to go.

Week 16

Reporter: So what are the plans for next year?
Buffon: Shut up, I'm tired of this, I don't want to talk about it any more.
Reporter: Alex, what do you think of the club's future?
Del Piero: We can do well next year if we have a strong team...obviously.

Next day's headline: BUFFON AND DEL PIERO WANT EXITS

You can make an interview go any way you want. The papers don't sell as well if they just print how the players are confident we'll be back in Serie A. The only result of all this bs is to unsettle everyone at Juventus, so let's wait and see like usual.
:lol: You said it, mate.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Players should shut up and play, IMO. If they have concerns or a beef with the administration, there's this thing called a telephone or knocking on an office door. You don't have to speak to reporters to get the word out.

That said, after hearing all of these player whinings, I'm half wondering when are the fans going to get a fair shake. When do fans get to tell a reporter that they won't stay unless Juve builds a competitive team next season? ;)
Thing is, Camoranesi and Buffon are World Cup winners after all. I'm sure it's tough to reach the highest height you can get to, only to fall into Serie B afterwards. I'm not sure what sort of effect they're after. If the club can buy new players, they will. If they can't, they will not. Buffon or Camoranesi will hardly make a difference IMO.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Del Piero: “There are no internal divisions”

At the end of the day’s training session, Alessandro Del Piero spoke to Juventus Channel and underlined how his statement after Saturday’s clash against Milan has been misinterpreted: “I’m a little stunned by the emphasis given to my comments following the Trofeo Berlusconi. The truth is there are no internal divisions here and we all know what we have to do: our job as players is to take Juventus back into Serie A, while Alessio Secco and the other directors concentrate on building a great team”.
Source Juventus.com 9/1/7.

Looks like a tongue in cheek quip from DP was blown out of proportion by the press. (Suprise, surprise!) I'm glad he's cleared that up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I knew that all along, really. Not that I always give DP the benefit of the doubt, but you cannot deny the loyalty he's shown to the club. To me, DP's statement clearly tried to bridge the ground between the players who are concerned for being on a competitive team and their commitment to Juventus. Rather than distance himself from his teammates, he wanted to validate their concerns as something natural.

I think DP was trying to show that even someone as loyal as him has the same questions, trying to diminish the perception that these statements about wanting a competitive club next year indicate players ready to jump ship already.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I hope Trez, Buffon statements have been twisted by the media to make a better story, because now is not a good time to be talking about purchasing/replacing players. Lack of faith is something not needed between teamates, especially not now.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
I think the players should just play and try to get back to serie A. they get paid millions of euros and play at a big club. we will be back in serie A next season and I don`t want to hear every week which players want to leave. if they want to leave they should leave in july but now they should shut up and do their job.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I loved the banner Viking Juve held up today in the Curva Sud:

"Invece di pensare se andar via o restare, pensate a vincere e giocare."

Translation: Instead of thinking of whether you're leaving or staying, think of winning and playing. :agree:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005

Translation: Instead of thinking of whether you're leaving or staying, think of winning and playing. :agree:

That's well put.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our superchampions, Buffon, Trezequet, DP, Camo and Neddy
really worth better than this,
they did get used to a stronger Juve,
they love Juve, thats why they are still here and thats why they want
a more competitive Juve and better teammates so they could work wonders,
staying in Juve under those circumstances means that they wont play CL football again
so they atleast wouldnt live with the illusion they can chalenge the Milan clubs for the title?
shouldnt they get motivated somehow?
Are they needed anyway if we are planning to have an average team with average players and average results/target??
When you are a world class player, the best keeper in the world, you cant/must not avoid media attention, whatever Buffon does or says is multiplied and repeated several times, he didnt invite reporters in his house to tell them i ll quit Juve if i ll have to face Milan every year having Biri and Boumsong in front of me...
All the players have big plans, if you dont show any ambition you will fail to convince anyone, Buffon said that he isnt pleased with the current situation, he is born a champion and he is destined to win titles,
he already prooved his patience and love for our club,
when he is asked about the world cup and his future plans he cant say, ok i m done with titles, our management said our team will be competitive five years from now, so ill just take it easy now on, see you all in the next world cup, bye...
he cant do that because he is Buffon, he has to be more commercial to honour his contracts, he has to built his own, best keeper in the world, myth
and tell me why, while Juve is rising, tops the serie b, already signed a few players for the next season, we cant he be
a Juve fan and ask for more?
tell me a Juve fan who wouldnt have asked that?
he thinks we can do it, he cares for Juve, he hopes Juve will rise again soon, he wants to be part of the project and he prooves that week in week out, the important thing is that those players give their soul for our team and honoured their contracts, our trust on them and they still want to fight for Juve,
if only we had a few more additions to help them, make that dream come true,
those players CANT wait five more years because they wont have any carrier five years from now and they are not quit-ers
Lately i tend to believe that they do know more than our current managers,
announcing to the fans that you wont see a great Juve again, not in the next 5 years at least, well that means smth, that also means smth for the players that might want to join our club, a hopeless club, without potential or ambition, a dieing project, a convicted to fail club, not even Livorno cant say that,
its bad bad bad for the morality of the team, inside and out, present and future,
fans wont come back to see the games, new fans wont join, new players with great ambition (and potential) will avoid you,
UNLESS if Neddy calls you to the team, if he guarantees personally that he will help you reach high performance and will fight by your side,
how could we ever sign someone like Robinho if we would decide to stay away from any title at any case for the next 5 years?
if Buffon and Camo stays, not only because of their Juventini heart,
but also because those champions believe this Juve can win again smth,
just like before, then yes you might wonna have a try too,
if a champion is convinced that this side can do smth then you will trust because he knows better, hes been there, done that
IMO those players with their comments and their future support will help us win more and faster than our original manager plans.
Unlike Totti, they do not affect the team in the wrong way,
they are still here, helping and also getting all the attention+results themselves AND Juve need, i think that our management needs a little pressure and guidance and good use their exp and ambition as an ex to go on...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

That is a classy way of putting it. Sums up this whole thread rather nicely.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Brief but said it all.

Jul 5, 2005
Buffon says he will only stay with a competitive squad, yet the other day he says Juve will do well and continue to be great even without him, clearly implying he believes the squad will be great once again.

I dont care anymore. The media are driving the story now.

Buffon is still indecisive. I think he wants more money from Juve if he stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)