Are Juventus Europe's best? (3 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
I know after the 1:0 away against Ajax that we have a worldclass team again, that can win the CL and the Serie A!

And a bench good enough to win Coppa Italia. :D

day walker

Sep 20, 2004
i hope juve continue winning like this 4ever
i want us to win this CL so bad

we have to win more then 2 Cl . cause we are the best team ever so we have to win more

and i hate arsenal and real madrid

JUVE R THE BEST TEAM EVER

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think it'd be a huge waste of having such a solid squad if we don't win the CL this season, especially given the lacklustre form of some of our rivals.

We have a very solid team, but we're gonna lose most of the backbone of our squad in a few years' time, so as much as I want us to stamp our authority on the Italian game once again, I'm as hungry as ever for the Champions League :boxing:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Del Piero hails Juve power
Friday 5 November, 2004

Alessandro Del Piero believes that Juventus have returned to being a major force in the European game.

The captain issued the warning as the Bianconeri booked their place in the last 16 of the Champions’ League on Wednesday.

"We’ve won four games out of four with the added characteristic of not having conceded a goal yet," he told his official website.

"That is quite a run and a clear signal for us but also our opponents on what to expect this term."

Del Piero was the hero at Bayern Munich as he netted the only goal in the closing minutes of the game.

"A draw would have been enough for us but we managed to score late on. We couldn’t have asked for more," he continued.

The Italian’s strike was especially significant as it was netted on the same ground that Juve lost to Borussia Dortmund in the 1997 European Cup Final.

"It was my first goal of the tournament this season and getting the winner at the Olympiastadion, where I lost a Final, was particularly special," he added.

"However, I must thank Zlatan Ibrahimovic for his work in the goal. I was simply in the right place at the right time."

Meanwhile, defender Fabio Cannavaro is looking ahead to Saturday’s game at little Reggina.

"We won’t let our guard down," insisted the stopper. "We have already shown in the past that we can put important performances together."

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Its too early to said if we are really the strongest team in Europe, and there are many factors ahead that can impact the sustained rythm that we had obtain right now.

Some goal will be taken soon. Also a defeat or two are not far away. but that doesnt matter. What matters is the compactness of the team, the character and determination showed until now.

Some people is saying that we are wining but not playing great football. And that is interesting, because it only talks about what we can achieve if ( and we are in the process)we start to play great football.

Solidity, tactical discipline, mastering the tempos, 90 minutes focusing, an a great sense of teamplay will do the job in the meantime...

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Ambitious Moggi Eyes Treble

In an interview with la Gazzetta dello Sport Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi revealed his team’s ambitious plans for this season.
“With a bit of luck, we can win everything this season," said Moggi, who then added "The secret to our success? We know how to win.”

Moggi, who is considered to be the most powerful man of the Italian football world, also congratulated the coach that in just three months was able to transform Juventus from a depressed team to one of the best on the planet, Fabio Capello.

”If he’s not the best coach, he’s one of the best because he knows how to hand his teams determination and a winning mentality,” he added.

Moggi also removed Inter from the title race.

“Inter can fight for the second spot, but I doubt they can get back into first,” he said.

Juventus currently lead both the Serie A table and their Champions League group, and have yet to lose an official match this season.
he is telling the truth , inter , lazio and roma are out , Milan are the only team to watch:(

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
I think it'd be a huge waste of having such a solid squad if we don't win the CL this season, especially given the lacklustre form of some of our rivals.

We have a very solid team, but we're gonna lose most of the backbone of our squad in a few years' time, so as much as I want us to stamp our authority on the Italian game once again, I'm as hungry as ever for the Champions League :boxing:
I'm not sure i can agree that we have that "solid" a squad. In certain areas maybe but I still think that if Nedved goes, we're done for as there is no real quality proven backup for him, its doubtful whether Olivera or kapo could fill his boots given that they never really play

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I know we don't have that much depth, but what I was getting at is that we're literally solid in that nobody seems to be able to penetrate our defence these days. For sure we're screwed if we lose a couple of good players, but our starting lineup looks like one that can conquer Europe this season

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Provided they're all on form I probably agree, though players i consider reliable in our current lineup would only be

gigi
thuram
canna
zambro
zebina :eek:
emo
nedved
zlatan

doubts exist over camo blasi and delpiero, whether they can cut it in the crunch games, the big european ties. But sure with that defence and the best coach in the world we can go far.

OP
simpson-juvefan
Aug 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    yeah it is really difficult IMO to win CL and SErie A you need the luck to have most of the important players injury free! last season we also had bad luck there! But also look at other teams Milan, Inter without Sheva or Adriano they are much weaker!!

and with Capello i think that he tries that the team is not that relying on him!!

also i think last year it was very interesting we were in CL final before and won the Serie A title and than at the beginning of the season everybody said who can stop Juve, and Lippi said that it was the best Squad he has worked with!! so i think you are never 100 % sure if things go well!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Provided they're all on form I probably agree, though players i consider reliable in our current lineup would only be

gigi
    thuram
    canna
    zambro
    zebina :eek:
    emo
    nedved
    zlatan

doubts exist over camo blasi and delpiero, whether they can cut it in the crunch games, the big european ties. But sure with that defence and the best coach in the world we can go far.
    That may not seem like a lot, but how many other teams can you find who have the same number of consistent players/level of consistency as us. I haven't really given a second thought to any other European squads, so you might find a team that has more of both, but at first glance I think we look like a pretty 'regular' bunch

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah when you put it like that perhaps you're right, but we , I don't think have that balance yet. If we just had Aimar we'd be set :D

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Yeah when you put it like that perhaps you're right, but we , I don't think have that balance yet. If we just had Aimar we'd be set :D
    i heard that Aimar got an long term injuried, is that true ???

i hope not. :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)