Are Juventus Europe's best? (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
Are Juventus Europe’s best?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian giants Juventus are arguably the best team in Europe right now, according to the statistics.

The Bianconeri are unbeaten in Serie A, having won eight out of their nine League games.

That means that the Turin giants are averaging 2.77 points a tie, more than Barcelona, Arsenal and Chelsea.

In fact only CSKA Sofia are doing better by picking up 2.82 points a match – even if the weakness of the Bulgarian national championship must be highlighted.

Juventus beat Chievo 3-0 on Sunday to equal the Serie A record for the best start to a season.

They are now in line with Milan (54-55), Inter (66-67 & 88-89) and city cousins Torino (76-77).

If the Old Lady of Italian football can keep up this sort of pace then they could end the season with over 100 points.

Juventus also currently have the best offensive and defensive record in the top-flight right now.

They have scored 20 goals, the same number as little Lecce, but have conceded just two so far.

The club also don’t seem to be relying on just one man to score goals as David Trezeguet (currently injured), Alex Del Piero, Marcelo Zalayeta and Zlatan Ibrahimovic have all netted four each in the League to date.

yeah i have the feeling since the Ajax win that this team is so strong, and most of the sucess i handle to Capello, he is a hell of a coach (but we havn't won anything now)!! But it is sure that Juventus is now a quality side again and somehow i have feeling that we can have a great Capello era!!

FORZA JUVE!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It's much too early to say that we're the best in Europe, though the side has been very promising to date. I'm not gonna get excited till we with the CL though :stuckup:

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
As gray said, it's a little bit too early to talk whether Juve is the best side in the Europe right now, although no other squad is doing better at the moment. I also like the fact that we're not relying just on one man, but we play as a team.

Juventus beat Chievo 3-0 on Sunday to equal the Serie A record for the best start to a season.

They are now in line with Milan (54-55), Inter (66-67 & 88-89) and city cousins Torino (76-77).

so this means we can break this record if we beat reggina? :cool:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
yeah i have the feeling since the Ajax win that this team is so strong, and most of the sucess i handle to Capello, he is a hell of a coach (but we havn't won anything now)!! But it is sure that Juventus is now a quality side again and somehow i have feeling that we can have a great Capello era!!

FORZA JUVE!!!!
I agree with you. We are very strong, and most of the merit is Capello's. Because he asked for the things he needed and did not compromise, in order to mold again Juve into a winning team and from the start, without waiting period.

xziz

:cheesy:

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
We will continue like this, without loosing, but when we face milan and Inter, it can turn out bad :( I'm always nervous when we face inter and milan.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Too premature to call ourselves the best in Europe. We had a very similar start to last season although, we've won a few more on the trot this season. Still, its too damn early to start talkg about us being the best in Europe. Lets not forget this season is longer than what we're used to from previous seasons. So im not going to be counting our chickens before they hatch.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I always thought that we were one of the best sides in Europe, and I don't see that we can not be considered as Europe's best now. But how long we can be the best is what matters.

We can always be the best team in Europe in regularity when everything goes well. The question here is consistency.

When can we really establish our mark as the best, yet consistent team to beat in Europe like Real Madrid has done by winning the Champions League numerous times.

We may be the best team in Europe now, but when in May, and what we're playing for is the Trophy and the Prestige, can we prove that? I hope we can.

It's about time this team made its mark in Europe, and leave it there for all to remember. When I say best, I hope we become the best for a long time to remember, and not just a speckle in time.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
We had the chance to be the best in europe for a long time but we were unlucky!!!Think about that.We are the unluckiest team in cl.3 missed finals in 10 years.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Primo ] ++
I always thought that we were one of the best sides in Europe, and I don't see that we can not be considered as Europe's best now. But how long we can be the best is what matters.

We can always be the best team in Europe in regularity when everything goes well. The question here is consistency.

When can we really establish our mark as the best, yet consistent team to beat in Europe like Real Madrid has done by winning the Champions League numerous times.

We may be the best team in Europe now, but when in May, and what we're playing for is the Trophy and the Prestige, can we prove that? I hope we can.

It's about time this team made its mark in Europe, and leave it there for all to remember. When I say best, I hope we become the best for a long time to remember, and not just a speckle in time.
Agreed 100%

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
We had the chance to be the best in europe for a long time but we were unlucky!!!Think about that.We are the unluckiest team in cl.3 missed finals in 10 years.
And 2 semi finals, :groan:

:frown:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
statistically we may look the best in europe but we ain't playing the best,that's for sure.

it'd be superb if beating reggina meant having the best ever start to a serie campaign ever though.:cool:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Agreed with Desmond on this. Our teamwork is great at the moment. Everybody played hard to win and had a good start with scoring 23 goals and conceding only 2 goals. Wad is important is that we need to be humble and continue playing well for the rest of the season and in the future.

I really wish to see Juve lift the CL trophy this season. And hope their good form + teamwork will keep on for the future.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
statistically we may look the best in europe but we ain't playing the best,that's for sure.

it'd be superb if beating reggina meant having the best ever start to a serie campaign ever though.:cool:
I don't care if we play the best or not. Lat year, we used to win 7-0 and 4-2 but at the end we won nothing .... since then I love juve winning with 1-0 the results are what matters only

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
but then again juve haven't exactly been putting up 1-0 wins in serie a have they?they've played well and scored a fair bit(a goal ratio of about 2.15 per match iirc.)

all i'm saying is that they aren't playing the best football in europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)