Anyone noticed? (1 Viewer)

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    Yeah...the fastweb design does go well with the new shirt (yellow part) so it's not as bad as last year.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    During the super cup final, Juve played in a different styled shirt, with the Scudetto on the right rather than the centre and more importantly, with no Nike Sponsor visible.

At first I didn't think much about it during the game, though I did find it strange that they wouldn't showcase their mark in the final. Today on Italian news the mystery was solved.

Nike (being american) cannot associate itself with Libyan products (Tamoil) because Libya is blacklisted in the US. So that means that for this season, during the Coppa Italia and Champions League, Juve will play with the same style shirt they played in the Super Coppa.

Only in the league will they be able to showcase it, since the sponsor is fastweb and Nike’s only hope is that by the end of next season, Juve finds a new sponsor. This might prove difficult as not many sponsors will be willing to give the same amount or even more than Tamoil already offer. Also Gheddafi being a shareholder at Juve, might push for a longer contract with Tamoil.

Personally I don’t think that sponsor looks really good on our shirts (Fastweb looks nicer), but well as long as they give us loads of money than that’s good ;)
    thanx for the info...
    if ppl. looks throw the match thread I was pointing that out, but
    didn't understand the reason why NIKE didn't put the SWOOSH
    logo on the jersey, now I do!

the fastweb logo looks good, but why do they have to put it on the shirt like a license plate, it's yellow/orange would still be visible without the plate design...

TAMOIL looks really bad... For the first time though it looked or blende good and it was on GIGI's jersey!!!

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    Sorry Juventino, didn't see your post in that thread (quite tough scrolling through 74 pages :D). I noticed that the nike logo wasn't on the shirt, cos I saw the Scudetto on the righ hand side (where the logo is situated) and when I looked for the logo itself (which I thought would be in the middle), it wasn't there.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    Sorry Juventino, didn't see your post in that thread (quite tough scrolling through 74 pages :D). I noticed that the nike logo wasn't on the shirt, cos I saw the Scudetto on the righ hand side (where the logo is situated) and when I looked for the logo itself (which I thought would be in the middle), it wasn't there.
    lol, nothing to be sorry about.
    I was like U, saw the scudetto logo on the right hand side and
    looked in the middle and no nike logo...

was thinking that something is not right here, cause if it was up 2 nike I'm sure they would put nike in every angle (like lotto ;) )

thanx again for the info...

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    During the super cup final, Juve played in a different styled shirt, with the Scudetto on the right rather than the centre and more importantly, with no Nike Sponsor visible.

At first I didn't think much about it during the game, though I did find it strange that they wouldn't showcase their mark in the final. Today on Italian news the mystery was solved.

Nike (being american) cannot associate itself with Libyan products (Tamoil) because Libya is blacklisted in the US. So that means that for this season, during the Coppa Italia and Champions League, Juve will play with the same style shirt they played in the Super Coppa.

Only in the league will they be able to showcase it, since the sponsor is fastweb and Nike’s only hope is that by the end of next season, Juve finds a new sponsor. This might prove difficult as not many sponsors will be willing to give the same amount or even more than Tamoil already offer. Also Gheddafi being a shareholder at Juve, might push for a longer contract with Tamoil.

Personally I don’t think that sponsor looks really good on our shirts (Fastweb looks nicer), but well as long as they give us loads of money than that’s good ;)
    yap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)