Anyone noticed? (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
During the super cup final, Juve played in a different styled shirt, with the Scudetto on the right rather than the centre and more importantly, with no Nike Sponsor visible.

At first I didn't think much about it during the game, though I did find it strange that they wouldn't showcase their mark in the final. Today on Italian news the mystery was solved.

Nike (being american) cannot associate itself with Libyan products (Tamoil) because Libya is blacklisted in the US. So that means that for this season, during the Coppa Italia and Champions League, Juve will play with the same style shirt they played in the Super Coppa.

Only in the league will they be able to showcase it, since the sponsor is fastweb and Nike’s only hope is that by the end of next season, Juve finds a new sponsor. This might prove difficult as not many sponsors will be willing to give the same amount or even more than Tamoil already offer. Also Gheddafi being a shareholder at Juve, might push for a longer contract with Tamoil.

Personally I don’t think that sponsor looks really good on our shirts (Fastweb looks nicer), but well as long as they give us loads of money than that’s good ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Zizou, you have some good vision. i wouldnt even pay attention to such things.

i have always wondered why juve had no sponsor when playing River Plate in the Toyota cup. what was the story there??

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Adrian that's cos the intercontinental cup has already a sponsor, so both teams cannot play with their own sponsors.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I noticed the swoosh was missing but I didnt know the reason. The tamoil logo is acceptable only on Gigis blue jersey.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    No, the current Tamoil deal runs out 04/05 so we have to wait till 05/06 for a new deal.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    That's what I read...Gheddafi has loads of money (and influence) on Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)