any stock owners? (1 Viewer)

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
stock? whoa...thats cool...so if we own some stock do we have to wear tuxedo and stuff? drive limo?

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
The Bloomberg ticker is JUVE IM
Borsa Italiana Code: JUVE
ISIN Code: IT0000336518
Reuters Code: JUVE.MI

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++
does anybody in this forum own stock in Juventus?? and if so how is the stock doing? presently and historically??...it would be nice to own a piece of the club:D
Yes, I have 10250 shares.

Theres only one reason to buy shares in a football club and thats love of your team.... You will lose if you buy to make money.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Is the increase in stock value proportional to the number of wins a club makes?

What is the value based on? Why would one most likely loose their money?

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
probably because football clubs are losing money by the bucketload, no profits generally means no dividend and also a lack of interest in buying the shares which will decrease their value

OP
Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    probably because football clubs are losing money by the bucketload, no profits generally means no dividend and also a lack of interest in buying the shares which will decrease their value
    Ok if there is no profits, how does a club like juventus manage to stick around for more than a 100 years?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
    Is the increase in stock value proportional to the number of wins a club makes?
    Not on a week to week basis , No.
    Its based around financial events, victories do come into occasionly, but only when you win championships as they come with money

Why would one most likely loose their money?
    Well you jus have to look at clubs over the years to see it... no club has ever made money on a mid to long term basis on the stock exchange.

eg.

I bought 10250 shares on floatation at 3.56 per share euro after 4 years they are now worth just 1.44 euros

That is about the average trend for football club shares on the market.

If we look at juve, lazio, roma and even manu the story is similar :

as roma - 20 / 12 / 01 - 17 / 01 / 05 - 2.9 - 0.57

juve - 20 / 12 / 01 - 17 / 01 / 05 - 3.56 - 1.23

ss lazio - 20 / 12 / 01 - 17 / 01 / 05 - 18 - 0.3

manu - 20 / 12 / 01 - 17 / 01 / 05 - 420 - 265

These figures are shared by most clubs in any league across the world whatever their financial state... With only a few exceptions, eg. Lazio (shown above) Who have crashed massively.

As i said... if you buy football club shares you do it for the love of the club and not to make money

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++
    Ok if there is no profits, how does a club like juventus manage to stick around for more than a 100 years?
    We've made profits pretty much every year until recently if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure we have plenty of reserves brought forward to offset our losses, plus the financial might of the owners if necessary can be relied upon.

OP
    Rami

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
  • Thread Starter #17
    comon blandest I dont think that anybody wants to buy a stock in a club for pure investment...I mean there are much more lucrative stocks out there...it is the owning a peice of a club that u love what counts...

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    My brother's host family has been investing in stocks for about ten years, multiplying their money all the time.

Until... they've lost $900,000 and there was nothing they could do.

I would invest into a mutual fund and get a smaller but steady return.

Or, if you know the people- into real estate.

Or hell with it all- spend it! (get a new BMW)

Jan 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    My brother's host family has been investing in stocks for about ten years, multiplying their money all the time.

Until... they've lost $900,000 and there was nothing they could do.

I would invest into a mutual fund and get a smaller but steady return.

Or, if you know the people- into real estate.

Or hell with it all- spend it! (get a new BMW)
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Investing in football clubs? Prepare to lose money mate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)