any news about Zambro's injury??? (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by LEC ] ++
maybe its time to leave this forum!:fero:

your stupid like all milansistis! go away!:fero:
He didn't say anything offensive and he's not insulting Juve, let him be man

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
lets not get carried away, del piero deserves to be there, but starting is another thing. he has been injured, and really isnt fully fit and in form. cassano has been great this season and his linkage play with totti really does merit him a starting position.

not sure if anyone else notices, but when del piero starts on the bench, he seems to come on and play a lot better. maybe this is better for italy that way.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Luigi Vampa ] ++
so tell me then, what exactly has dp done to warrant a spot on the bench, let alone the starting line up?
Were have you been???? have you watched some of the games that Italy has played the last year!!, Del Piero is a important and unique brick in the team wether you like it or not.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
im hoping that when you say dp youre not referring to del piero. in most cases i would make that assumption but theres no way youre saying that del piero is vital for italy, are you?
He's not the main man anymore hence the No7 on his back and No 10 with Totti who has the most pressure on his shoulders. Del Piero is vital and along with Zambrotta the left side of Italy will be stronger in attack. Zambro takes a lot of heat of Dp and always looks to link up with him. Its a key part of attack for Italy.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
Cass' a wicked season for the youngster Great understanding with Totti but he could flop with the NT ,2 different levels. DP the burden is light and like I said hes not the main man anymore and you can tell this in the Q' games. He played quite relaxed and scored the most goals out of our strikers! Its not about if you dislike him or not, he will still start(God willing) because of his name. Like Raul who will start despite poor form.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Just want to Remind what Dp did with the Azzurri few monthes !

1-Wales, and that was without Totti !
2-he played big part against Germany , when we won 1-0
3-against Finland he scored V nice goal , we were in need Of these Victories , to put italy back in track Before Portugal , and Dp did it !!!!

So for those who are attackin Dp , STAY COOL !

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
first of all, dp doesnt link up better with totti. i think it was square who said that so lets not debate about that.

cassano has had a very good season whereas dp hasnt. his development is coming along nicely and at this point in time, he offers more than dp does to a team. now even if dp was on great form heading into EURO, what could we really expect of him? weve seen him choke in major tournaments before and why should we sit back and hope he actually does his job this time? why should we do that when we can just as easily play a better cassano? dont be hating.

square also mentioned the qualifying campaign. when nobody else was to be found in our two most important games, it was superpippo inzaghi who scored 4 goals. lets not be giving undue credit to dp.

i know you all love dp but its time to let go of the past and embrace the future;-)

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
first of all, dp doesnt link up better with totti.
i will agree with u on that of course cassano has better understanding with him. they play in same team, even if is roma;)

cassano has had a very good season whereas dp hasnt. his development is coming along nicely and at this point in time, he offers more than dp does to a team. now even if dp was on great form heading into EURO, what could we really expect of him? weve seen him choke in major tournaments before and why should we sit back and hope he actually does his job this time? why should we do that when we can just as easily play a better cassano? dont be hating.
cuidadito on saying that cassano had good season. yes he showed some good football during some matches, but to say that he was in briliant form all season long is simply a lie. as to dp he and his team had terrible season, he had serious inkuries but he managed to be in top form when italy needs him the most.

square also mentioned the qualifying campaign. when nobody else was to be found in our two most important games, it was superpippo inzaghi who scored 4 goals. lets not be giving undue credit to dp.
why u always underastimate alex? yes pippo did fantastic stuff for azzuri (though he is not in list for portugal) but why forget the goals alex scored for his country? and btw coaches of national teams have just one goal to ne N1 with the team, and the fact that alex is in the team, means that even if you don't like him, he is worth for the team.

i know you all love dp but its time to let go of the past and embrace the future;-)
Well portugal will show everything. ;)

Square

Oct 6, 2002
first of all, dp doesnt link up better with totti. i think it was square who said that so lets not debate about that.

DONT TAKE MY QUOTES OUT OF CONTEXT. i said dp links up better with totti and vieri. they come and go as three and are very well acclaimed for their performances.

the qualifying campaign:
7/9/02 Azerbaijan 0-2 Italy del piero scored. another own goal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/10/02 Italy 1-1 Serbia-M del piero scored to equalise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16/10/02 Wales 2-1 Italy del piero scored to equalise at 1-1

29/3/03 Italy 2-0 Finland vieri scored both

11/6/03 Finland 0-2 Italy del piero scored. totti scored.

6/9/03 Italy 4-0 Wales inzaghi hatrick [after the floodgates had opened] del piero pen.

10/9/03 Serbia-M 1-1 Italy inzaghi scored.

11/10/03 Italy 4-0 Azerbaijan vieri1. inzaghi2. di vaio1.

now tell me del piero isnt fundamental for the team. when del piero was scoring vital goals, cassano was whining about not being picked in the under 21 team!

do you know how stupid you put yourself across as by saying del piero is not fundamental to the team?!

oh but of course, "superpippo" scored vital goals. oh let take him! of course! but wait, hes just had surgery.

you will see in portugal. and dont even come in here saying totti can be relied upon. totti for the past few games has not even been on good form. neitehr has cassano. their performance against milan where BOTH of them were quiet says a lot, ironically. so does the 0-0 draw on the last day. meanwhile del piero has come back from injury, scored goals, given assists in the last few games. and has shown he is in fitness. oh, but wait! cassano played good earlier in the season!

Luigi Vampa

Aug 2, 2003
so totti and cassano both being "quiet" over a couple of games says more than dp being non-existant throughout the season, even when he was healthy?

the qualifying group wasnt that tough to begin with, we just made a mess of it. and if we want to talk about who did what we can start and stop with inzaghis 4 goals in 2 most important games.

tina, just because the coach picks him doesnt mean hes good enough. it just means the coach isnt sure of what hes doing.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
so totti and cassano both being "quiet" over a couple of games says more than dp being non-existant throughout the season, even when he was healthy?
i wouldn't call it so "quite". i saw couple of games of roma and saw that they couldn't do anything together. though i unerstand it is nearlly impossible for a team and its leaders to play whole season without mistakes. (well if we don't take intoconsideration arsenal) however, if you are for italy the most important should be that the players in the team are in their best form. and for today alex is doing very well

the qualifying group wasnt that tough to begin with, we just made a mess of it. and if we want to talk about who did what we can start and stop with inzaghis 4 goals in 2 most important games.
yes i would agree with you that the group was not that difficult. however as reality shows, every team in europe is improving very rapidly, and there are no clear outsiers here.

as to pippo i really don't underestimate him, i saw what he did and i admit that he is good forward. however, i also see what alex did for italy. and even if you don't remember the statistics showed by Square are enough at least for me;)

tina, just because the coach picks him doesnt mean hes good enough. it just means the coach isnt sure of what hes doing.
if u have such logic, i'm happy that u aren't italy coach. what does it mean that the coach isn't sure what he is doing? though i don't like trap, he knows whom to pick up and why. it is clear that he hasn't forgotten the goals alex has scored for juve and italy.

and btw i wish italy all the best in portugal, with or without alex or totti or any other player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)