Any Martial Artists on Tuz? (6 Viewers)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #21
    Orange belt is for kids, not adults :D
    I've got an orange belt in JJJ. Maybe the grading system is different?
    @catch22 Capoeira developed how it did because the slaves in Brazil were forbidden from training and learning how to fight so they disguised it as a dance game. That's why the movements are how they are. Make no mistake though- if you get caught on the chin by a meia lua de compasso you'll get knocked out. Once at a class I saw a nose get broken by even a really slow one. I can understand your point about practicality though. I've never had to use any techniques in any self defence though because I have a silver tongue and can usually talk my way out of any potentially violent situations :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #23
    Anybody want to trade legs with me? Absolutely burst!

Feels so good though, can't wait to be in great shape again. Needing to do a lot of stretching though since a lot of capoeira requires a high degree of flexibility, which I don't have :D

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Some photos of me competing for Ireland at the kickboxing world championships in Italy and a picture in the dressing room before a boxing fight in Boston with coach Dicky Eklund who was played by Christian bale in the fighter. Then a picture of me from a documentary about my boxing club that was on Irish TV.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)