Antonio Candreva (25 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
What I don't quite understand though, does Zac actually prefer Sali to Candreva? I can understand he was trying to rest some players, but Candreva isn't exactly a sure starter and it's not like he's been overly impressive a bit deeper in midfield, but it's hard to believe Sali is preferred over him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Candreva just looks too risky for him to play on the right side of the 4-3-1-2 formation. He doesn't offer that much cover for the backline.

Yet Candreva did his defensive duties after the goal, so Zacc might play him there in the Ajax game.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
A few minutes after coming on to the field for Diego, Antonio Candreva left his mark by scoring the match winner: «I am really happy. It’s a unique emotion. Slowly I am getting used to the team. My mates were great and helped me. The coach told me to make the difference, which I tried to do and I managed to score. Alex is a great player and his pass permitted me to score. Daniele Boaglio told me two weeks ago that if I scored I should run to him and I did so».

Candreva even had another goal opportunity a few minutes later: «I am not a great goal scorer but I hope this can be one of many and hope to score many more. I dedicate to myself, my girlfriend and my parents who were always there to support me».

Juventus.com
---------------
Here's the reason why he ran to that man, guys.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
A few minutes after coming on to the field for Diego, Antonio Candreva left his mark by scoring the match winner: «I am really happy. It’s a unique emotion. Slowly I am getting used to the team. My mates were great and helped me. The coach told me to make the difference, which I tried to do and I managed to score. Alex is a great player and his pass permitted me to score. Daniele Boaglio told me two weeks ago that if I scored I should run to him and I did so».
Seems like a kind and obedient guy. Let's hope he keeps on like that.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
What I don't quite understand though, does Zac actually prefer Sali to Candreva? I can understand he was trying to rest some players, but Candreva isn't exactly a sure starter and it's not like he's been overly impressive a bit deeper in midfield, but it's hard to believe Sali is preferred over him.
i think a factor in the exclusion of players is, wether you really own them or not ...

do you build a player that might get good but you might lose in the end (after the season) and than need to replace that one or do you build your system around players you are sure to have...

Apr 19, 2007
Honestly we have to worry about winning the game in front of us and not next season because without champions league next season will he difficult financially and wont be as big. He was brought to get us back into champions league and restore morale not build a team in 1/3 a season. Seriously you think he sat down at the meeting with the board and they were like " we need to builld a team for the future!" No they said get wins so we can still be respected next year and get the players to believe in Juventus again. Well done so far ZACC

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
but his task is to build a team ... that does include that the team built by him will work the next season too
No and No.

Zacc was appointed with a target of a champions league spot and a good run in the Europa League by using players he already have. Nothing more.

He isnt responsible for building anything, at least for the time being that is.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
if that is your reasoning, then explain, why for example did giovinco get very few starts in empoli at the beginning of that season ... if its only to play the best player (regardless of there belongings)...

why do italian teams always loan their youngsters to other teams WITH a buy-clause ... when the youngsters would be played anyway, if they are good enough ?

thats how it works in italy

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I don't think anyone would pick Sali over Candreva because he's only on loan. I can understand you would pick a similar, young player who's a Juventus player over someone on loan, but not in this case.

Sali is not getting any younger and that wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for him getting worse and worse. He keeps disappearing in games and adds nothing to our midfield. Candreva, who's definitely not a world beater, could be better than Sali and there's plenty of room to improve.

Ok, he's only on loan, but we just need results now. Zac probably won't even be here next year and Sali definitely isn't in future plans, so I don't think that's the problem.

The only reason I can think of would be that Sali is probably better defensively.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Um.. Maybe because he is loaned too? :shifty:
Being loaned out isn't the reason why Candreva isnt getting any start-ups lately but its rather the idea the coach has of him being a lazy getting back and closing down the spaces on the opponent on whatever position he plays. While he did that pretty well in the Bologna game so I expect him to start in the coming days.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I don't think anyone would pick Sali over Candreva because he's only on loan. I can understand you would pick a similar, young player who's a Juventus player over someone on loan, but not in this case.

Sali is not getting any younger and that wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for him getting worse and worse. He keeps disappearing in games and adds nothing to our midfield. Candreva, who's definitely not a world beater, could be better than Sali and there's plenty of room to improve.

Ok, he's only on loan, but we just need results now. Zac probably won't even be here next year and Sali definitely isn't in future plans, so I don't think that's the problem.

The only reason I can think of would be that Sali is probably better defensively.
And I pretty much agree with everything you said there.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Being loaned out isn't the reason why Candreva isnt getting any start-ups lately but its rather the idea the coach has of him being a lazy getting back and closing down the spaces on the opponent on whatever position he plays.
oh, did zaccheroni call you and tell you what he thinks? ... interesting ...

you make it sound as if you knew what the coach thinks, which you do not.

only because something does make sense to your football fans mind, doesn't mean that a football coach (who has a little more knowledge on football than you) does think the same ...

i could name hundreds of cases where you as football fan think "that does not make sense", but still the coach does not act like you would ...

what about giovinco getting no starts ?
what about the other youngsters getting no starts ?
what about capello not using alex del piero much ?
what about xavi alonso being too slow for serie a ^^ ?
what about loaning criscito after a few weak games ?

i could go on for years here ...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
only because something does make sense to your football fans mind, doesn't mean that a football coach (who has a little more knowledge on football than you) does think the same ...
:delpiero:

That is one of the most sensible things I've ever seen written (by someone other than me :p) round here.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Being loaned out isn't the reason why Candreva isnt getting any start-ups lately but its rather the idea the coach has of him being a lazy getting back and closing down the spaces on the opponent on whatever position he plays. While he did that pretty well in the Bologna game so I expect him to start in the coming days.
I don't think virtual said that this is the only reason, i think he said that this is one of the possible reasons, and this agree with him, it realy might be one of the reasons, but ofcorse there might be bunch of other reasosn we don't know.

And you denying this just because you think it is not correct is wrong, because from what i understant it realy is a common practise in Italy to give players who are not loaned more playing time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)