Antonio Candreva (8 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Candreva was better this time this role/system fits him better!
He still has a lot to learn and s long way to go, in order to adapt. But he is si eager to learn, adapt and prove himself! Good thing, that he has decided to stop trying those horrible shoots and preferred a run a couple of times.

Our midfield is way too static and hopefully he will add some pace.
His passing may not be great, but its decent and this can hardly be said for the majority of our midfielders. From this perspective, he is a an upgrade.

I m still puzzled from his future role though, he is not effective enough offensively to replace Diego and Camo or defensive enough, to replace Sissoko and Melo.

Why is he picked up in front of Giovinco?
And why would consider him as a squad player, when Poulsen and Marchisio will return? Whats the reason we brought him? I thought he was to replace Camo in the 4-2-3-1 AMF line or replace Marchisio, until the later returns on form.
What exactly do you guys hope from him, beyond that?
I agree, he played much better yesterday. For some reason the early birds to jump on his anti-bandwagon seem to think otherwise. He really handles the ball well when receiving it whether its on the run or with his back to play. I have a lot more confidence in him getting the ball in trouble than Melo, Sissoko, even Marchisio.

Honestly, positions at this point need to be picked on who is being the most productive, not on name status.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Just an average player really. Not that special on the field and he was even benched by Livorno in the end. Its crazy why this guy who was sitting on the bench for Azzurrini the whole time gets to play for Juventus while the star of the team, Giovinco, never gets to play. I can't really see the logic.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just an average player really. Not that special on the field and he was even benched by Livorno in the end. Its crazy why this guy who was sitting on the bench for Azzurrini the whole time gets to play for Juventus while the star of the team, Giovinco, never gets to play. I can't really see the logic.
2 different positions. You can't put Gio in the middle and have him drop back, can you?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
2 different positions. You can't put Gio in the middle and have him drop back, can you?
I just meant that Candreva gets the chance although he was benched by Livorno and Gio who's 10 times the player Candreva is never gets the chance.

When Camo and Marchisio return this guy will be benched here too.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He isn't the player we need, nor really adds much to the team, but hopefully he can improve and be a decent squad player in the future.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So what is he then? He's not a right-winger, he's now not a central midfielder, we already have an attacking midfielder/trequartista in Diego... so where the hell do we field him?

Excuses don't cover up the fact that we needed a different sort of player.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
So what is he then? He's not a right-winger, he's now not a central midfielder, we already have an attacking midfielder/trequartista in Diego... so where the hell do we field him?

Excuses don't cover up the fact that we needed a different sort of player.
He's a trequartista. Thats what I've been saying from the beginning. When he was playing as a CM last year in Serie B he wasn't all that but as soon as they moved him to the trequartista position he become good and was picked for the NT. What do we do? Of course we play him where he's crap.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
That's the difference when you have players like him on the bench and not players like Tiago or Poulsen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)