Antonio Candreva (31 Viewers)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Well he's not a proper beat-the-defender-run-along-the-line type of winger, but surely he'd have more freedom to roam to the middle of the park if he played next to Diego in that '3'? He would do better there I reckon.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
On his debut he played 14 minutes against Roma, then he played a full 90 minutes against Inter which are 16 points ahead of us in the league, and yet he still receives all these negative comments.

What about giving the player a chance? It's not that he was brought to change our season and work miracles by himself. The kid has potential and I for one, am happy with him in our squad. Give him a break already.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Because this forum is mostly double standards. When people slag Del Piero off others say he has not been playing enough. Candreva performs ok and people slag him off for the minutes he's played. Marvellous.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #491
    Why did we got him exactly?
    That's what I want to know.
    Because our style is focused in the midfield. Place where we usually use 3 players, same place where Tiago played, Poulsen who is injured.
    We had 3 players available there and we clearly needed one more. That position was expected to come now in January. Either him or Ledesma, and we made the right decision by not paying millions for over-rated Argie.

He's getting undeserved bashing now. People were complaining about it him for unknown reasons. Some are just biased and keep repeating the same thing because he's young and Italian. It was a very good move, he has a lot of potential and it's just a loan if he fails to impress. He's doing something that both Poulsen and Tiago combined couldn't. He's making our midfield more dynamic and he makes threat up-front.

He reminds me of Aquilani, I'm started to like him already.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
    Apr 5, 2006
    Good performance by Candreva today. He really suprised me. I didnt know what to expect from him cause i havent seen him play but today he showed that he has a potential.

May 22, 2007
    Good post Dusan, completely agreed with you. He adds calmness and stops the chaos factor which we like to add to attacks, which in turn allows more players to get forward.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008
    Because our style is focused in the midfield. Place where we usually use 3 players, same place where Tiago played, Poulsen who is injured.
    We had 3 players available there and we clearly needed one more. That position was expected to come now in January. Either him or Ledesma, and we made the right decision by not paying millions for over-rated Argie.

He's getting undeserved bashing now. People were complaining about it him for unknown reasons. Some are just biased and keep repeating the same thing because he's young and Italian. It was a very good move, he has a lot of potential and it's just a loan if he fails to impress. He's doing something that both Poulsen and Tiago combined couldn't. He's making our midfield more dynamic and he makes threat up-front.

Agree with you completely.

His long shoots is what we were lacking in the first half of the season.

He could be even better if we have a decent full back who can support him in attacking moves.
    Expect Caceres and Candreva to link up well in our next match. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Ledesma and Candreva don't play the same position. The former plays further back.

We needed to address the regista role and a replacement for Camo beforehand, which is why I'm relatively unamused by this move.

The supposed "bashing" isn't directed towards him, but rather the board for not addressing the other areas of the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)