Antonio Candreva (24 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Candreva laments 'bitter' debut
Monday 25 January, 2010
Antonio Candreva is bitter about the way his Juventus debut panned out against Roma on Saturday night.

The 22-year-old Italy international came on as a second half substitute and his failure to pick up Jon Arne Riise resulted in Roma's winning goal.

Speaking to Tutto Mercato Web, Candreva said: “Unfortunately it was a bitter debut because it coincided with the team's defeat.

“For me, it was without doubt a great emotion to wear the Juventus shirt, but now we have to only think about the Coppa Italia and getting a result to lift ourselves up again.”

Juventus are due to face Inter in the competition's Quarter-Finals on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, in Serie A the Bianconeri drop to sixth in the standings, four points off the Champions League places.

FI

May 22, 2007
He kept the ball moving in midfield instead of trying an awkward long ball to Amauri, and generally looked dangerous nearer the end. Nice shot as well.

It's sad to see him and Diego being the only players running forward from midfield though.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yea, he was actually moving and passing. It was almost sad to see him moving around with the ball with his arms up looking for somebody to pass too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Someone to link up decently with Diego or try to make things happen instead of just hoof in this game. But just like Diego, he doesnt have any options to pass to at all pretty much all the time, and is forced to make risky decisions to keep the ball. Welcome to Juve Antonio, initiation commenced.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I m not impressed offensively, i dont think he can help us much, in a 4-2-3-1
by replacing Camo. But i guess he is an ok filler, until Marchisio returns...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I agree too, he was a positive for the match, although he is new here so give him few more weeks and he will be static too and blend in with the team well.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He and Diego at least look like they can do something with the ball, but this damn formation again. Hopefully another striker is back for the next game so Amauri is not on his own.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
He played well offensively at times today, but there was a point where the ball bounced in front of him at the edge of the crammed Juventus box and he sort of froze. I just about had a heart attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)