Antonio Candreva (12 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
fucker took my number :p

nah all the best to him, i say good business by secco here, loans with option to buy are the best in this situation, needed him.

hopefully we can turn things around.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
the dude is not a defensive midfielder. why next edgar davids???
there are many ways to describe CM's and seems like everyone classify them in their own way, but I'd say that Candreva could very well be similar to Davids, who was not just a pure DM, but more like box-to-box midfielder, who covered a lot of ground. but whatever, we are yet to see how Ferrara uses him and if he actually takes the 26th number, since its not official.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh man, how typical to read the typical BS of "this was sanctioned by Lippi, OMG hijacked by Azzurri" yet again. I mean, its SO novel, that we, Juventus sign an up and coming italian youngster, its not like it hasnt been the policy of this club for its entire history (and has had many of our legends come like this), discovering younger unproven italian talents from smaller teams and them making their mark with us (instead of producing them perse, except rare cases).

I mean FFS, Candreva has 1 frigging Azzurri call up, in a game where half of the decent players in smaller teams were called up. So seriously, save the lame sanctioned by Azzurri BS (and like its automatically a bad thing, to be an Azzurri player, what one should judge on solely if the player can be useful or not).

And seriously, did I just read Vinny say we should signed Ledesma instead of this "new Tiago" (referring to Candreva? wtf). Its one thing to not be convinced by Candreva (not sure how one should be yet, seen him play? How about you do so first), but to actually call for Ledesma instead, the same Ledesma basically EVERYONE here were dogging, exaggerating and calling him crap (me trying to say he is not bad at all often, even if mediocre), is now being someone desired? The same dude being deemed, what was it again? Oh yeah, another Tiago...

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Second that :tup:

Not true. Juve have always signed unknown young Italian players over the past two decades, some turn to be good others turn to be useless. We signed players like Jonathan Bachini (banned for life due to testing positive for cocaine TWICE), Christian Zenoni, Zanchi, Paramatti ...etc

Others like Tacchinardi, Pessotto, Birindelli and Chiellini turned to be of successful. The point is, even Moggi had his bad moments and Juve have always tried their luck with young Italian players.

Candreva will be a success, hopefully :xfinger:

Dec 31, 2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Candreva promises celebration[/FONT]
Thursday 21 January, 2010
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Juventus's new signing Antonio Candreva has promised to celebrate if he scores against hometown club Roma on Saturday.

The 22-year-old, who has spent the last season and a half on loan at Livorno from Udinese, is expected to make his debut in Turin against the team he supported as a boy.

“These things pass you by on a second level. Now I wear a very important jersey like that of Juventus and I am only thinking about this,” Candreva said.

“If I were to score, I would certainly celebrate, also because I have never played for Roma.”

Speaking to the Juventus Channel, Candreva revealed his first impressions of the Bianconeri.

“I am proud to wear this shirt. I can't wait to begin this new adventure. Yesterday I left Livorno for Milan to sign the contract. Later in the evening I arrived in Turin and this morning I made a brief visit of the club's offices.

“It has been a wonderful emotion to see the pictures of all the great champions that have played for this club. I have also met Ferrara who wished me good luck.

“To arrive in a team like Juve is the dream of any player. I didn't expect this opportunity to arrive so soon. They are all emotional back at home. It's a wonderful achievement.

“I will try to show that I can be a useful player for Juventus.”

Candreva then shed a little light on the role he is expected to perform for the Bianconeri.

“I have always been a trequartista or a winger. I think that by playing every Sunday the right experience matures you. I am not someone who scores many goals. I prefer to assist my team-mates.

“I hope to repeat what good I have done up until now also at Juventus, but I know that I still have to improve. I repeat, I hope to earn the trust of the Coach and of my team-mates.”

Finally Candreva admitted he isn't thinking about the World Cup just yet.

“It's always a wonderful emotion to wear the blue jersey even for the Under-21s. I am not thinking about the World Cup because first I have to think about doing well with Juve and then in June we'll see.

“I am happy that there are many internationals at Juventus. I already knew Marchisio, Giovinco and De Ceglie having played with them for Italy's youth teams and now I will also get to know the rest of the group,” he concluded.
:weee:
[/FONT]

Mar 28, 2007
we have the most italian internationals(include u-21) and we still can;'t perform..

Buffon
Chiellini Legrottaglie Cannavaro Grosso
Camoranesi Marchisio Candreva Giovinco
Iaquinta Del Piero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)