Anthony Martial - LW - Manchester United (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Domino effect.

Alderweireld to Man Utd = Martial to Spurs = Dembele to Juventus

Alderweireld does not go to Utd unless Martial comes the other way. This pushes Eriksen into a deeper midfield role alongside Dier/Wanyama and behind Martial, Alli, Son. Dembele is freed up to go and finish his career at a big club that win trophies.

Every one wins.
In before Dembele goes China.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
that discussion should have ended when he wasnt better than/couldnt bench Jesse Lingard
that's the Mourinho effect though, dude is great at pushing away good players. look at Chelsea f.e., at team containing their outgoing transfers in Mourinho years would absolutely wipe the floor with their current team

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Except Lingard plays more central attacking role and mainly attacks off the ball, kind of approach Mourinho likes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Jesse Lingard is a very underrated player. A system/situational player, but he can make the difference on the day and does very well with very little.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Jesse Lingard is a very underrated player. A system/situational player, but he can make the difference on the day and does very well with very little.
:agree: He's not real impressive to watch but he can be a clutch utility player who seems to frequently, somehow, do better than a player of his talent should. He has definitely been useful for Mourinho.

I think people just have a hard time taking him seriously cause he looks like a half black, half asian, part bird part teenage boy.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
hes average, but works hard so Mou likes him. his own version of Giacch, but less talented probably
He's a different player than Giacc. What he brings of value is more instincts over just workrate imo

Of course that player that Martial (at least should be) is levels above Birdboy

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He's a different player than Giacc. What he brings of value is more instincts over just workrate imo

Of course that player that Martial (at least should be) is levels above Birdboy
His strengths aren't measured easily: work-rate, timing, positioning, and tactical awareness/flexibility, so there's a tendency to overlook them. A type many coaches enjoy to have. And his defensive qualities gives you the opportunity to be a bit more flexible with your strikers/wingers. I would love to have an "italian version" of Lingard as our 12-16th man in our squad.

Comparing him to Giaccherini :marc:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
lol right?

I'm not downplaying his workrate but football is full of mediocre players,yes men, with a high workrate and flexibility. I think what sets Lindgard apart from the rest of these utility players is his instincts

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
lol right?

I'm not downplaying his workrate but football is full of mediocre players,yes men, with a high workrate and flexibility. I think what sets Lindgard apart from the rest of these utility players is his instincts
I know. The critical part wasn't directed towards you, and yes his instincts are great ie. timing, positioning, and tactical awareness/flexibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)