Another option: Vieri! (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ok, we are linked with: Moro, Mutu, Bojinov, Owen, Cassano. There was someone missing in these speculations: good old Christian Vieri.

Goal.com added him to the list:

Vieri Back In Juve's Orbit
10/8/2004 3:17:00 PM
Following this past summer's failed transfer of Christian Vieri to Juventus, many thought that was the end of the story.
However, with the injury to David Trezeguet, the bianconeri are looking around them for a striker who can substitute the Frenchman for the coming months.

The idea is to get Vieri in January and try and regenerate this player under the Capello treatment just like with Cannavaro . Inter are obviously wary of this as they do not want to strengthen their competition further, however an out of form Vieri is more of a liability for the nerazzurri, especially with his current wage.

The international striker has not scored a goal since the 4th of April (penalty against Juventus), while his last goal from an open play was scored on the 7th of March (against Roma), which means that Vieri has been on a dry run for the past 6 months.

Inter will want in exchange a defender, most probably Iuliano or Legrottaglie, however the bianconeri will have to watch out from the competition of Roma who are also on the trail of Vieri.

Expect more developments in the coming days.

Is this a good idea? I dunno, Bobo will be a heavy wage and his current level is not good enough.
I say no!

EDIT: If you think goal.com isn't reliable, Football Italia goes in the same direction http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct9d.html .

Basically, they say it's more likely Bobo joins Roma, he'll suit better in Del Neri's tactics + Inter fear that it will be another Cannavaro-deal (give a crappy player away and see him getting his best level 2weeks later...)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Yeah lets buy a forward who havent scored since 4. April, and that was even on a penalty... That should solve our attack problem :rolleyes:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd sooner keep Iuliano any day of the week.

I'm much more interested in the Cassano and Mutu options, we shouldn't be concerning ourselves with the likes of Vieri anymore

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Vieri would be the ideal replacement for trez between Jan and th end of the season. Nothing more, nothing less. I can definitely see him being useful to us in the serie a.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
he cannot play in juve.period.he is over the hill and extremely high maintance.
True. But id rather have an over the hill vieri on my team than an over the hill Iuliano, ne day.

Jan 7, 2004
esspecially when you also have a over the hill montero a over the hill pessoto a over the hill ferrara a over the hill thuram a over the hill birindelli a over the hill cannavaro

we are so much over the hill we havent seen the hill in a long while

gray

Apr 22, 2003
yeah, i know what u meant, but to put him in the same basket as montero, ferrara and pessotto wasn't fair.

Thuram and Canna, while being very solid, are definitely approaching the twilight years :down:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)