Android (7 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I was offered 60$ to shovel some snow today, with my best friend (who mind u it was his birthday) . I gladly accept this offer and after one hour we completed this tedious task. Approxiametly 20 minutes later , I'm sitting at his house eating chicken and rice and begin to wonder. Ummm, no notifications on my phone I probably should check. I reached for my pockets only to find out their was no phone :O . I immediately search the house frantically, then his sisters car. I eventually was frustrated and gave up, then suddenly i remembered I have Lookout ! So I logged online and searched the location...Turns out it was where I was shoveling snow earlier. As I arrived their we searched everywhere only to not find it. Luckly their was a computer next to me so I searched the location, and put it on satellite and zoomed in. It was in a pile of snow :sergio:. This thing was 4 feet tall and stretched about 6 feet. So as I'm shoveling I was like fuck it I won't find it...And then as we were leaving he decides to shovel once more, and finds my precious G2!!!! So on my friends birthday he managed to get me 30$ and find my 400$ G2 :heart:

Moral of the story? Download Lookout and Cherish your friends :D
Your phone worked after being burried under 4 feet of snow? Damn.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

How does installing games from applanet work? I downloaded 38mb nfs shift, went to install and it's installing for over 5 minutes now. Does it take ages or is it my weak phone?

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Me neither, I just wanted to see how it runs and looks. Now that I have, I doubt I'll open it ever again. A couple of minutes of Angry Birds here and there is all I need on a phone.

Apr 15, 2006
ewww Mcafee? and what is appplanet?
It's a 3rd party Market replacement app which will let you browse, download and install cracked apps on your phone.
Wait, I've been using Lookout this whole time and love it, but is wavesecure better?
Well WS does not have the virus scanning feature, but it has great phone locating, backup\restore and wipe options. I was just kidding when I said WS is better. That's only cos I got a lifetime subscription for it.

BTW, Lookout does offer phone locating, locking and wiping too, right?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It's a 3rd party Market replacement app which will let you browse, download and install cracked apps on your phone.

Well WS does not have the virus scanning feature, but it has great phone locating, backup\restore and wipe options. I was just kidding when I said WS is better. That's only cos I got a lifetime subscription for it.

BTW, Lookout does offer phone locating, locking and wiping too, right?
Yea Lookout has everything except the ability to back up your phone logs, sms, pics and vids. Which is what WS offers

Apr 15, 2006
Yea Lookout has everything except the ability to back up your phone logs, sms, pics and vids. Which is what WS offers
Exactly. Plus, the app-scanning of Lookout which it does after installing a new app kinda slows down my phone. I don't really like it that much, so I stopped using it.

I posted the message about wavesecure offering a lifetime free subscription a year ago. I'm not sure how many people got it, but it's one of my must-have Android apps.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I like the fact taht Lookout scans everything and you can schedule it as well. Not sure if I want to make the switch but i'll read up on WS soem more

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
If you don't need backup service, then you can stick with Lookout. But in case you lose your phone, you can backup all data on your phone and wipe it using Wavesecure. So think about that.
I'm pretty sure taht Lookout will start offering back up capability if they want to stick around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)