Android (33 Viewers)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Is there no stock app on the Desire to browse through the files on your phone? If no, recommend a good app please... I'm on a shitty internet connection, so please don't ask me to go back a few pages :p

Apr 15, 2006
icεmαή;2820414 said:
Is there no stock app on the Desire to browse through the files on your phone? If no, recommend a good app please... I'm on a shitty internet connection, so please don't ask me to go back a few pages :p
No stock file manager in Android. Search for ASTRO File Explorer or ES File Explorer.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,330
    Sheik, Contapps is the ultimate app for a ROM without Sense, it syncs with Facebook just fine.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,332
    Which one do you mean? FroYo stock Gallery? The one that takes ages to load thumbnails?

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Which one do you mean? FroYo stock Gallery? The one that takes ages to load thumbnails?
    I'm on Eclair, patiently waiting custom Froyo ROM, but yes the stock Android gallery. Horrible.
    icεmαή;2820498 said:
    V, what interface does your LG have? Is it stock Android or do they have something like Sense for HTC?
    I've heard of Sense, but I have no idea what it is. :p Mine is a budget phone, but it's awesome for the money, so I don't think it has something like Sense(whatever it is). I do have some LG shit on it though, like some apps, sync and other crap which I'd like to delete.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,335
    Sense is a custom UI that HTC has developed for its phones, the dialer and contacts there are excellent but other than that you are not missing much. All their widgets are available elsewhere and there are other widgets that are actually much better.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Sense is a custom UI that HTC has developed for its phones, the dialer and contacts there are excellent but other than that you are not missing much. All their widgets are available elsewhere and there are other widgets that are actually much better.
    I see. I like the stock dialer/contacts though. It could be a little more responsive, faster, but overall I think it's good. I tried DialerOne, Contapps but they don't do much for me.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,337
    The stock dialer does not have smart dialing and one misses it much, DialerOne offers that. Contapps is good if you want to sync your Facebook contacts.

Did you install Shootme? If not, do it and show us some screenshots.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

The stock dialer does not have smart dialing and one misses it much, DialerOne offers that. Contapps is good if you want to sync your Facebook contacts.

Did you install Shootme? If not, do it and show us some screenshots.
    I didn't even know about smart dialing, thanks, that will come in handy. :D

Again, Facebook sync works good with the stock dialer, IMO.

Will install Shootme tommorow when I'm back at work. I can't afford anymore 3G traffic this month and don't have wifi at home.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I need some help fellas. I found Exchange by Touchdown on blackdroid and dl'd it to my phone and when I tried to install it I received a parsing error. Can someone try to replicate this error just so I know if its not just me or not. I am trying to install the version for +2.0.

And if you need the exact link then PM me

i thought that was Jews?
    Posers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)