Andrea Poli - CM - Sampdoria (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He's probably more consistent than Marchisio and better suited to controlling a midfield if required but he doesn't have Marchisio's timing, technique or taste for the spectacular.

If the figure that was thrown about a month or two ago is solid then I think he's a good signing. Then again, not really the area we need to strengthen right now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Next season could well be Pirlo's last with us.

Succession planning is the key to all major football clubs in world football.

Around the time of all the hullabaloo of the likely Veratti signing last Spring, I stated that he should be there as the heir to AP and the reason why we should have signed him from Pescara.

In the same way that Paul Pogba is the heir apparent to Arturo Vidal. AV hopefully should be with us two more seasons, before we succumb to an unrefusable offer from one of Europe's more wealthy clubs.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Poli to back up Marchisio, Pogba to back up Vidal.

Hopefully no more Giaccherini as a CM if we sign Poli.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Haven't seem him too often 4 or 5 times this season, but from what I have seen, he's an energetic runner/b2b midfielder, sometimes aggresive and a decent solid passer.

I would say a poor mans Marchisio is the best way to describe him.
He's probably more consistent than Marchisio and better suited to controlling a midfield if required but he doesn't have Marchisio's timing, technique or taste for the spectacular.

If the figure that was thrown about a month or two ago is solid then I think he's a good signing. Then again, not really the area we need to strengthen right now.
Thanks a lot :agree:

Poli to back up Marchisio, Pogba to back up Vidal.

Hopefully no more Giaccherini as a CM if we sign Poli.
That's cause we're going to exchange Giaccherini for Draxler :flirt:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Pogba, Asamoah, Isla, Giaccherini, Padoin, Marrone

The club is unlikely to ditch Giac or Padoin. Struggling to see the point.
Exactly. You can add to this the fact Isla and Marrone barely play too. We're stacked in CM area and we don't need strengthening here. Focusing on attack is more than necessary.

Jabroni

Mar 23, 2013
Exactly. You can add to this the fact Isla and Marrone barely play too. We're stacked in CM area and we don't need strengthening here. Focusing on attack is more than necessary.
We're not stacked in the CM area at all. We have one back up, Pogba. Then we resort to playing wingers and wingbacks at CM. Poli has less than a year in his contract, he would come cheap. We'll still have enough to focus on the attack.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We're not stacked in the CM area at all. We have one back up, Pogba. Then we resort to playing wingers and wingbacks at CM. Poli has less than a year in his contract, he would come cheap. We'll still have enough to focus on the attack.
We have a CM having to play as a backup sweeper because we have so many CMs.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think it's imminent for it to be official.

Milan have signed Andrea Poli on a 4-year contract worth 6M. (TMW)

Milan get Poli, we get Zaza. I wonder if Juventus and Milan talked about it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)