Andrea Pirlo (54 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Some people don't understand what makes a legend, it's not just performances, numbers etc. Someone looking from the outside in, simply might conclude that Dybala for example is more of a Juve legend than Pirlo. But one is leaving in his prime, for free, after negotiating a contract for over a year (or years). One came at the end of his prime, had some elite seasons, revived a struggling team, and left at the end of his career. He was a tone setter, a example on and off the pitch, a leader. How you think he's not a legend is baffling

rainhard

May 5, 2004
At least he win 2 titles, if soneone tell him is a piece of trash. Then without a title this season Allegri should be a piece of shit

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
and yes, pirlo is a juve legend in my book too despite his questionable rookie year as a coach. as a player, he was immense and indispensable for our winning cycle.
Always be my sentiment till the day I die. I questioning now too maybe Pirlo should have been given a second year. WTF maybe he would have progressed into a good coach? Right now Max is an old dog who needs to of course get better players but regardless needs to come up with a new trick. And we know how that cliche goes.

Mar 12, 2019
He should have stayed in U23 as planned for some seasons, We should have brought Allegri Instead of him, and then after the supposed contract of Allegri would have ended, Pirlo would have come with a bit of experience and knowledge of the youth players and have a good run in this club.
Fucking Agnelli, Paratici, and Nedved..

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Pirlo has a lot of good ideas but he never truly entered the coaching stage. It's like McDonalds said, the players would look over the shoulder and feel Pirlo judging each pass/action with the expression of "I would have done it differently".

Imagine having that feeling.

Once Pirlo clears his approach from very easy fixes, he may very well become a very good coach. He need a few years to harness his ideas and review his approach etc. The things all leaders do before they lead a strong competitive team.
We also had and still have a locker room mentality that is detrimental and sucks any enthusiasm that dares enter the room, dry. The family-feeling is there, they seem to have fun in training and befriend each other but there's just too much negativity and it's being fought by more negativity. The documentary illustrated it fairly well. Pirlo couldn't fix it, neither could Sarri and neither is Max unable to fix it. Could even be Max that instilled it. Either way, Pirlo needs to take a team to get experience because his ideas weren't wrong. I liked them, but they were too complicated and he was unable to translate them. Knowledge and ideas are hard to share. I usually describe it as a feeling and ask students to try and describe the feeling of being in an overwhelming place (kind of like being in Grand canyon, something just incredible). We can describe it but for someone else to fully comprehend the sensation of it is almost impossible. It takes practice, practice and practice. He simply needs more of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)