Andrea Pirlo (79 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 16, 2020
Very very vulnerable in defense, maybe we should try Chiellini - Bonucci - De Ligt. Or with De Ligt as CB and Danilo RCB. I hope he somehow knows how to fix this issue, Udinese kept believing because of it.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Odd game, the score flatters us. Very lucky not to be 1-0 down which would have been very difficult with us chasing the game again, plus they hit the bar early in the second half. A lot of our chances seemed to come from some comical playing out the back from Udinese.

We are still far too open, there were a few occasions where we were outnumbered on a break only for poor decision making or final ball to help us.

But the movement of Ronaldo, Ramsey, Chiesa and Dybala was good.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Problem is the pressing game Pirlo coaches is mostly work when opponents want to attack or at later stage of the games, when opponent is tired. It is somewhat ok in CL, when teams want to attack and win. In Serie A, it is useless when teams tend to play steady, so our attack in the first half will be useless, and doing pressing game early will eat up our player's stamina. And when people is out-of-stamina, their concentration is also drop and we also make more error.

One more problem with our squad is that many of our player have poor stamina or too old to play that pressing style. Dybala, Arthur, Ramsey, Alex Sandro (he has good stamina on 2016-2017 but not now). Ronaldo (he is 35, so his stamina is not good anymore). Another set of players like Bentancur, Rabiot, Danilo have stamina to play, but all of them have problems with concentration and tend to make stupid mistake like give away ball in dangerous position. And our defence is lead by Bonucci, who will make at least one big mistake per game.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Problem is the pressing game Pirlo coaches is mostly work when opponents want to attack or at later stage of the games, when opponent is tired. It is somewhat ok in CL, when teams want to attack and win. In Serie A, it is useless when teams tend to play steady, so our attack in the first half will be useless, and doing pressing game early will eat up our player's stamina. And when people is out-of-stamina, their concentration is also drop and we also make more error.

One more problem with our squad is that many of our player have poor stamina or too old to play that pressing style. Dybala, Arthur, Ramsey, Alex Sandro (he has good stamina on 2016-2017 but not now). Ronaldo (he is 35, so his stamina is not good anymore). Another set of players like Bentancur, Rabiot, Danilo have stamina to play, but all of them have problems with concentration and tend to make stupid mistake like give away ball in dangerous position. And our defence is lead by Bonucci, who will make at least one big mistake per game.
Both sarri and Pirlo rely on the same pressing game plan.
We don't know or we don't have players to execute that, so a good manager would have recognized this by now and adapted to the situation.
Yet both sarri and now Pirlo looks to want to die on this playing philosophy.

The only difference between them is that sarri tried to apply his philosophy on an already established 4 3 3, while Pirlo thinks he can reinvent the wheel with his 3 4 or 3 5 something, who in turn makes the team struggle more because they have to learn another formation.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Please boss ditch the formation, the players have been given them 2-3 months, and look no near in adapting to it. Either that or work on your training sessions because there's so much wrong about your team.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The attack is fine but you can achieve the same 3-2-5 without sacrificing our defensive structure so badly.

You can just do a 4-3-3 and let the fullbacks attack like Liverpool does. The DM drops between the CBs (no Bonucci). Rotate Benta, Rabiot, Chiellini, Kulu, etc.

Boom same thing. But you might be able to counter press because you have a DM instead of Bonucci, who turns and runs back to our 18 yard box.

Alex Sandro - Ronaldo - Morata - Chiesa - Cuadrado
Ramsey - McKennie
Demiral - Arthur - De Ligt​

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I’m a fan of Bonucci under Allegri, for Allegri made very good use of Bonucci’s strengths and set up the defense to work as a unit and minimize his individual defensive shortcomings. Bonucci was a big part of our Allegri-era success, we utilized his fantastic ball-playing and long-ball skills to break the press and relieve pressure on our, start counters, etc... and it worked well for us. He also worked well as part of a well-oiled, functioning defensive unit (plus entire team really) where the pieces worked together to make the sum add up to more than the individual parts perhaps.

But with Pirlo, it seems he’s instructed our defense to exclusively play the ball out from the back on the ground. No long balls, no sending it over the top to our forwards. Add to that, our defense is often left to defend alone, without much support from midfield, etc, often even as individuals and while this is harder on all defenders it is especially not something Bonucci will ever thrive at. So at this point I don’t really get the point of using him, as we are playing directly to his weaknesses. If this is the case, I’d much rather get our De Ligt-Demiral pairing off the ground and running.

Last edited:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
2.5 out of 6. You can see how good manager really is when no matter who plays the team does well - it shows that its actual team game plan and not depending on individual performances. In Pirlo we cant see it imo, when he rests Ronaldo we are shit. For me there is no team, we just depend on individuals and this is definitely on manager. It was the same with Sarri and last season of Allegri.
We have 8 scorers in all competitions out of the 25 man squad. Midfielders scored 3 goals and provided 7 assists, for me this looks so pathetic and only shows we dont work as a team, we only depend on Ronaldo and Morata plus fast wingers who can do something individual.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
I don't think anyone giving pirlo a bad grade is being realistic, as no one is probably taking into the account that he literally had 0 coaching experience prior to joining Juve.

I won't hide my desire to want him being replaced by Allegri, but considering he had, and still has, 0 experience, he is doing a fantastic job. He just bite off more than he can chew at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 65)

• Tak!