vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
Marotta:
"When we talk about champions, Buffon & Pirlo, I believe you just need a glance to understand each other"
"If you remember last year, Buffon had an expiring contract, we reached an agreement rapidly"
"Andrea is doing great things, he is very comfortable, so at opportune time we will make best decision for all"
-sky

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
He'll extend for sure.
He said in the past he loves to be here,and Marotta said the club wants him and it will be a player decision.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think it would be foolish to ditch Pirlo without having a look at what he seems capable of once he's retired from international football and is getting more recuperation time through the season.

With that extra rest, I could easily see him maintain his current level for a couple of seasons beyond this one.

Buffon's Army

Jun 28, 2013
Will never forget watching that goal live.

I need to get an old Milan jersey, with Pirlo and 21 at the back.
Im a new Juve/football fan so don't jump at me.

But why do Milan fans despise Pirlo?

I was reading a Milan fan forum (before the Kaka transfer) and I searched through the Pirlo thread just to peak at what Milan fans thought of him. Besides a few, he was constantly getting bashed/trolled on, even during the Euros when he was probably a top 3 player in that tournament. A lot of them were also celebrating when Italy lost, just so they can rub their noses and say Xavi's better/Pirlo sucks.

I look into the Kaka and Shevchenko thread at the same time, but there really wasn't that much volitile hatred as there was in the Pirlo thread.

Why though? Kaka was the one who chased for money and halted his own career in the process by going to Madrid. Shevechnko also went to Chelsea, underperforming and then returned past his prime on loans. Pirlo on the other hand was basically told to pack his bags and leave, it's not like he chose to leave Milan.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013

Have you read any of Pirlo's book? Some of the things he said about Milan turned a lot of fans against him.

Even before the book some fans thought he was being too greedy with his contract demands I think, which yes is funny because Kaka was worse with that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
can you blame him? all the service he gave to that club and they friggin offered him a pen as a parting gift? that's like offering a Macdonald's Happy meal and toy as a wedding present.

Must admit i loved the story about Conte and the newspaper in his book.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Have you read any of Pirlo's book? Some of the things he said about Milan turned a lot of fans against him.

Even before the book some fans thought he was being too greedy with his contract demands I think, which yes is funny because Kaka was worse with that.
Is it available in English?

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
can you blame him? all the service he gave to that club and they friggin offered him a pen as a parting gift? that's like offering a Macdonald's Happy meal and toy as a wedding present.

Must admit i loved the story about Conte and the newspaper in his book.
Haha yeah, it's a fucking classic. "Signor Bic" :lol:

Is it available in English?
There are excerpts translated around the internet, but there isn't a full English version yet. I think a translation is supposed to come out sometime next year though.

89man

Sep 4, 2013

I was reading a Milan fan forum (before the Kaka transfer) and I searched through the Pirlo thread just to peak at what Milan fans thought of him. Besides a few, he was constantly getting bashed/trolled on, even during the Euros when he was probably a top 3 player in that tournament. A lot of them were also celebrating when Italy lost, just so they can rub their noses and say Xavi's better/Pirlo sucks.

I look into the Kaka and Shevchenko thread at the same time, but there really wasn't that much volitile hatred as there was in the Pirlo thread.

Why though? Kaka was the one who chased for money and halted his own career in the process by going to Madrid. Shevechnko also went to Chelsea, underperforming and then returned past his prime on loans. Pirlo on the other hand was basically told to pack his bags and leave, it's not like he chose to leave Milan.
His last two season were alot more inconsistent, and some believed he wasn't putting in the effort, that he had been doing , during the the rest of his tenure at Milan, and how he has currently performed for Juve.

Yes his book,as Ragazza mentioned, contributed to the hate too. He had some bad words , which as one of his biggest fans, quite frankly hurt.

Apparently he wanted to go to Madrid few years back, and said it was much bigger club than Milan , and that he pretended he was happy to stay, when the deal didn't go through.To be honest, that sounds like bitterenss because of how he was only offered a 1 year contract extension before he left, and that while he was out injured in his last season, we were homing in on the Scudetto title.

While i was disappointed by what i heard, i still love Pirlo.
He did say before he left Milan, that he would never forget the amazing career he had there- he won everything with us.
And i have also noticed, that whenever Juve score against us, he never goes over the top with his celebrations, like he{or any player} would against most teams normally, which i really appreciate.

And this
:cry:

One of my favourite players of all time.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
He also said he tried to go to Barca in 2010, had a meeting with Guardiola but Berlusconi blocked the move, he was upset about that too. And Allegri wasn't using him the way he wanted to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)