• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Good. Now stop being a bug.
who the fuck says that ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's chill, guys. We all have something in common, remember? We fucking love Juventus!
Exactly, that's why when a player is not good enough we call him out :)

ThirdStar bringing down the name of all members whose name begin with Third.
Hey, as long as I don't bring down the name of Juventus by ghosting.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Marchisio is not a DM, no. He is a box-to-box CM. What I'm saying is he can play in a 2-man midfield. Of course CM partners should complement each other. You wouldn't play Makelele and Mascherano together in a 4-4-2 nor Scholes and Xavi. England had problems fitting Gerrard and Lampard together so they moved Gerrard out wide and tried all kinds of things.

Marchisio--Vidal could work if we had particularly capable and creative wingers. For Juve, I'd say 4-3-3 with Vidal--Pirlo--Marchisio is the best option.

We'll see if Vidal--Pirlo works. It may, but Vidal will then not be the attacking threat he was with Leverkusen as he'd be forced to watch Pirlo's ass.
Why have we all been fooled into believing Conte plays a 4-2-4 formation, that's just ludicrous - a team playing 4-2-4 would get slaughtered on most occasions, even if Rambo was playing CM.

He just likes his wingers to attack a bit more, but it's still a standard unimaginative 4-4-2

Bottom line is Marchisio is not a starting player, he has no real outstanding qualities - no vision, no short-passing or long-passing game, average speed, weaker than a kid, not creative, lacks ability to control the tempo, he's not and will never be a starting CM.

Fact of the matter is Marchisio is a great bench player to have.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
You know, ManU lately are using a 4-2-4

It's really interesting, their Midfield is not all that but they're pulling it off. It probably helps that their backline is disciplined

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Please stop comparing Juve's formation to United. Their top 4 is interchangeable, those guys are all over the place, nothing like what I've seen of Conte's Juve.

I wonder if they'll play 4-2-3-1 when Chicharito comes back though.

May 22, 2007
Please stop comparing Juve's formation to United. Their top 4 is interchangeable, those guys are all over the place, nothing like what I've seen of Conte's Juve.

Nani, Young and Rooney move about enough, and it's still a 4-4-2 which works well. Some seem to think that it's a problem with the formation, and not whether the personnel are a good fit. This team's suitability, given the influential players, is rightfully up for debate.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

It's like they've been given licence to roam - so far Conte's formation seems very static and useless at retaining possession or pressuring the opposition off the ball. Why do we insist on amateur coaches...

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Young is nothing spectacular another overrated english player. Whoever saw the community shield cup thingy he couldn't do anything in that came because Richards didn't give him a chance.

R.A.B.

Mar 24, 2009
Young is nothing spectacular another overrated english player. Whoever saw the community shield cup thingy he couldn't do anything in that came because Richards didn't give him a chance.
Yes overrated, you saw him 1 time, smart judge from 1 match. Look how he played in next games. He is very good winger, not overrated.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Is the Man Utd 4-4-2 also "unimaginative"?
Players like Nani, Rooney, Evra, Young, (do I have to go on?) make it so.
Well that just goes to show how over rated the 4-3-3 is. The only reason everyone on here wants us to play it (before they've even seen us play the 4-4-2) is because Barca do but look at the players they're able to field. The success of a formation depends solely on the quality of the players and how those players suit it. It was up to Marotta to meet those criteria and unfortunately he has failed on both fronts. Does that mean that we should play a 4-3-3? I would prefer a manager organises this team in a way that he understands best. Conte's 4-4-2/4-2-4 is years in the making and is the most practiced and understood formation in his repertoire.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
United doesn't and won't stick to a single formation though, they've got players good enough for any formation out there.

We could definitely use another coach but I'm hoping Conte proves me wrong.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Marchisio - Vidal

Krasic - Quag - Vucinic - Elia

That would be more like United in this "4-2-4". All the players need to be very versatile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 91)