Andrea Pirlo (133 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jul 1, 2010
Zanetti was an amazing player, it is a shame that he had so many injuries.

We never replaced him properly until we signed Pirlo. Hopefully Andrea still has two more solid years to give us while we find a proper replacement.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
He will fail in a 4-4-2
This I sadly have to agree with. Just can't see his technical abilities counterbalance his lack of stamina and work rate, which is keen abilities for a typical 4-4-2 midfielder.

Maybe Conte can reinvent him as a 4-4-2 midfielder. But I highly doubt it.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Marc, that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

No retort, no sugar-coating, what you said is just so objectively stupid it deserves a place in my sig.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Pirlo was a good player but now he is old, washed up and a Milan reject. I would prefer Aquilani staying.
I agree that he is old and a Milan reject, but he's definitely not a washed up player. He still has some good years in him if deployed in the right formation.

I won't even comment on your statement of preferring Aquilani over him.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Pirlo was an amazing player back in the days. He still has qualities for sure, but his game has more flaws now due to his age. Chances are high that he'll be extremely limited if we don't provide a good cover next to him and if Vidal fails to play aggressive role and eats opponents' midfield. Our mid duo will be fragile against high paced teams too and 4-3-3 formation will terrorize ours as I think that's the weakest spot of 4-4-2. I'm not afraid of Pirlo losing the ball against aggressive play or high paced teams, but he will play it short and we'll be cut off out creative (and only creative) source from midfield. That being said, if Vidal gets to do his job well (not just well, but great) then Pirlo will have 3 meters of open space around him, which will be enough to provide excellent passes and control our whole play. I think he will get to play great against midtable teams but I don't think he'll be useful in hard matches. At some level we're lucky we're not in Europe because we'd get eaten I think. And eh, too bad we didn't keep Melo as I think 4-3-3 with Melo - Pirlo - Vidal was just perfect to have and we'd have much, much less weak spots open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)