Andrea Pirlo (56 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't think Pirlo is good at coming on as a substitute. As much as people here criticise him for his game last night, I think he did better than expected. Incredible workrate and with that comes a certain amount of sloppiness, but that is normal.
His work-rate and efforts was immense, he ran as much as Marchisio and covered 0.5km less than Vidal if I remember the stats correctly.

That said, he worries me a lot when he's under pressure and still decides to chew and squeeze and make love to the ball when he could easily pass faster.

Buy on AliExpress.com

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
His work-rate and efforts was immense, he ran as much as Marchisio and covered 0.5km less than Vidal if I remember the stats correctly.

That said, he worries me a lot when he's under pressure and still decides to chew and squeeze and make love to the ball when he could easily pass faster.
2:

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008

2:

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008

2:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007

that's exactly what happens at the age 36+ wait till you get there :) :) :)

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
A couple of mandatory dodgy passes but apart from that played well. Madrid did a terrible job of pressing him and that allowed us to have enough of the ball to have a threat. This whole he slows us down thing is nonsense. If there's an easy open forward pass he'll make it with the first touch or 2nd(I.e the ball he gave tevez in the first few mins), by holding onto the ball his waiting for marked players to try to find space. We're not blessed with great technicians in our team so he knows that he can't just pop balls into their feet and hope for the best like busquets can.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
funny how when Pirlo actually plays like a defensive midfielder and not a regista, running around, pressing and tackling people still expect him to somehow pull assists out of his ass and still manage to dictate our attacks. he adapted last night, which is one of the things I least expected of him.

you know Pirlo's class when he can still spray passes all over the pitch in this restricted role, while also being man marked. something that Ramos (understandable) and not even Kroos managed.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
funny how when Pirlo actually plays like a defensive midfielder and not a regista, running around, pressing and tackling people still expect him to somehow pull assists out of his ass and still manage to dictate our attacks. he adapted last night, which is one of the things I least expected of him.

you know Pirlo's class when he can still spray passes all over the pitch in this restricted role, while also being man marked. something that Ramos (understandable) and not even Kroos managed.
If we want Pirlo to play as a DM, than we should actually deploy a DM like Marchisio who is WC at the position or Sturaro.

Apr 19, 2007
Pirlo cant do it in the 3-5-2 when being pressed because they can man up and the AM can sit on him. When we have 4 in the midfield Pirlo is mentally able to destroy them by pulling players out of their preferred position. He was pulling Ronaldo and James and whoever else shadowed him around and it left us with a 3v2 in our favor in the midfield to break quickly on them and go straight through them. When they layed off him we slowed the game down with his horizontal passing and made the team drop off. Honestly I thin k equal [props go to Allegri and to Pirlo on this but he did more off the ball than he did on it last night to help us strictly due to his potential to hit a pass like he did vs Monaco in an instant. Soccer is a game of 11 and its not always what you do with the ball at your feet that is the brilliant part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)