Andrea Pirlo (59 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Strange to see all the "you'll come back one day" posts. Pirlo's been such a trainwreck this season, I have serious doubts he'll make it all as a coach, let alone do well enough to get a 2nd shot at Juve. The competition for coaching gigs is cruel, currently he's in the same position as Ferrara and Stramaccioni ~a decade back. Ferrara after Juventus failure got 4 months at Sampdoria and that was it, he was done as a coach in Italian top flight. Stramaccioni got a season in Udinese and that was it for him as well, his career fizzled out in Greece, Czech Rep. and Iran.
Exactly. Peeps here getting sentimental like the millenials they are.

Dude, GTFO and learn how to be a coach instead of losing yours and our time. I hope this serve you as a lesson.

Legend of the game and all...but a total FIASCO as a coach. Irresponsible and cocky from his part to accept the job thinking he was all that

Say things like they are and stop sugar coating SHIT

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You forgot one thing: in football, just like in real life, your name and reputation are important. Pirlo will always get job offers simply given who he was as a player.
Also, I don’t see why Pirlo can’t be a top coach one day. He only got 5 fewer points in his first season as a coach than Sarri did after 30 years of experience.
I feel some of you are judging him too harshly, I don’t think 99.9% coaches will have a wonderful season in their first year without a preseason and with a fucked up schedule.
Once again, I blame Agnelli, Tici and Nedved a lot more for hiring him in the first place than I blame Pirlo himself.
I agree with almost everything except the 5 point angle:
1. a coach who got fired after one season shouldn't be used as a measuring stick for Pirlo;
2. if you want to argue Pirlos position comparing him to a failing coach, I'd suggest using a different comparison. last season we got to 83 points on round 36, guaranteeing the Scudetto and saving energy for our CL disaster in the last 2 rounds. This season on round 36 we had 72 and the difference is 11 points. I think that's a more fair and illustrative comparison, as you can't expect a truly exhausted team to give a fuck about two ultimately 2 meaningless games.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd like it if he takes a step or two back, learns the trade of the game, gets some experience and proves himself capable. Then he is more than welcome to give it another try at this level and hopefully with more success.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Lmao did u see his chicks comments, so salty. Like it was undeserved and he has to much honour to ever come back here. I see that he has won 2 trophies, but his team was catastrophe, all of the Serie a laughed at us.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Pirlo has no family? Wife? Kids?

May 23, 2013
Nah man. Conte is the undisputed #1 factor in our resurgence.

I understand we hate the guy these days, but history cannot be tempered with.
I'd say Conte, Beppe and Pirlo are equally responsible for our resurgence.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot one thing: in football, just like in real life, your name and reputation are important. Pirlo will always get job offers simply given who he was as a player.
Also, I don’t see why Pirlo can’t be a top coach one day. He only got 5 fewer points in his first season as a coach than Sarri did after 30 years of experience.
I feel some of you are judging him too harshly, I don’t think 99.9% coaches will have a wonderful season in their first year without a preseason and with a fucked up schedule.
Once again, I blame Agnelli, Tici and Nedved a lot more for hiring him in the first place than I blame Pirlo himself.
Looking at some of the posts and insults against him you'd think we went trophyless and were on the verge of relegation lol. He got top 4 and 2 trophies, that's not a bad return at all for a coach who has literally 0 experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not even mention Luis Enrique winning a treble with Barca. Where did he go from there? He's literally a nobody today.
He won a domestic double the following season and was appointed coach of Spain 1 year after being sacked lol.

Last edited:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
For me Pirlo is more of an AC Milan Legend than Juve anyway.
Not only that Pirlo is not a Juve legend, rather a Milan legend (like you said) but this one is baffling me. Why is Zidane in the history section? He spent more time in Juve, contributed more than Pirlo, been a better player, won Ballon d'Or and obviously still has feelings for us.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nah man. Conte is the undisputed #1 factor in our resurgence.

I understand we hate the guy these days, but history cannot be tempered with.
Not only that you are right but I don't even hate him (why would I?) and rate him higher than MaXXX.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
I'd say Conte, Beppe and Pirlo are equally responsible for our resurgence.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at some of the posts and insults against him you'd think we went trophyless and were on the verge of relegation lol. He got top 4 and 2 trophies, that's not a bad return at all for a coach who has literally 0 experience.

- - - Updated - - -

He won a domestic double the following season and was appointed coach of Spain 1 year after being sacked lol.

There is also a lower limit for how bad a season, a current title holder team, can have.
I think that even without a coach, we would be able to get somewhat similar results.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

- - - Updated - - -
2/4 trophies is bullshit, he won 0/2 of the trophies that really matter. and we were on the verge of loosing out on CL which would've had very serious financial consequences for next few years.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Not only that Pirlo is not a Juve legend, rather a Milan legend (like you said) but this one is baffling me. Why is Zidane in the history section? He spent more time in Juve, contributed more than Pirlo, been a better player, won Ballon d'Or and obviously still has feelings for us.

Very true, I’d say the same applies to Baggio also.

If you have these two in, then you must have Zizou too.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
2/4 trophies is bullshit, he won 0/2 of the trophies that really matter. and we were on the verge of loosing out on CL which would've had very serious financial consequences for next few years.
Call it 1/2. This team was nowhere near competing in the CL and Supercoppa is a consolation prize.
Our goals were Serie A (if even that) and the Coppa.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Tudor say this managed to qualify? Lolz Another asshat out is a good thing..

He told Vercernji List via Il Bianconero: “It was tough, but in the end we managed to qualify for the Champions League, we also won the Italian Cup, and yet they kicked us out: I’m sorry, I don’t find it right. I decided that I will never be the assistant again.

“At Juve he called me Pirlo, there was a list with 5 names compiled by Juve and Paratici left the choice to Pirlo. He chose me, but being a close friend of Baronio he also took him and another analyst, putting us all on the same level. It wasn’t fair, I’m a coach. I accepted because it was Juve. ”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 45)