Andrea Pirlo (136 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Mixed feelings.

He was a disaster of a coach but my bias for him as a player made me hope that he would get another shot at coaching with us and eventually do well. Not to be if ofcourse.

His career as a player wasnt an immediate success either so hopefully the management stint will follow a similar trajectory.

All the best Andrea. I can never hate the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I never liked Sarri, but this bum is hands down the worst coach we've had since Ciro Ferrara.
He had a Scudetto winning squad and we needed Hellas to help us out in the last day of the season to qualify for UCL.
I mean harsh, but true. But it’s not all his fault either. Hiring someone with zero experience and not even giving him the roster he wanted was setting him up to fail. Both Tici and Pirlo needed the axe.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
I mean harsh, but true. But it’s not all his fault either. Hiring someone with zero experience and not even giving him the roster he wanted was setting him up to fail. Both Tici and Pirlo needed the axe.
The guy had zero experience, how can he demand a roster? He inherited a squad that both his predecessors won the Scudetto with. He had the GOAT, world class defenders, Cuadrado in GOD mode and still barely managed to squeeze into 4th place thanks to Napoli's perennial end of season chokefest.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The guy had zero experience, how can he demand a roster? He inherited a squad that both his predecessors won the Scudetto with. He had the GOAT, world class defenders, Cuadrado in GOD mode and still barely managed to squeeze into 4th place thanks to Napoli's perennial end of season chokefest.
How can he demand a roster? He’s the manager. That’s how. His lack of experience didn’t stop the club from hiring him, so why should it stop them from giving him what he wants? Tici was an utter failure, couldn’t get him another 9 when Pirlo was practically begging for one.

serie A was lost against bottom feeders. You can put all the blame on Pirlo, but at what point do all these world class players take some personal responsibility for ghosting against the Beneventos?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
lol

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He got the results that should have been expected. Look at our midfield this season. Full of has beens and upstarts. Having both Dybala and Morata fit throughout the season would have made a huge difference as well. In the end Cuadrado, Ronny, Chiesa, McKennie and De Ligt saved us from Europa League.

In a very broad sense, he has the same philosophy as Sarri but I don't agree that they're equivalent managers. Pirlo copped bad luck. Sarri made his own. Don't forget that Pirlo was a general in two great midfields of the modern era. The man knows tactics, how to communicate and read a locker room. But the squad he had to manage were too inadequate, inexperienced and unbalanced. Hard to realise a certain football philosophy whilst directors take turns to shit in your lap.

I'd be content to keep Pirlo and Dybala. Let Morata lead the line. McKennie, Chiesa and Kulusevski will likely improve. Just turf half the midfield and construct something out of quality that complements itself and the team. I don't love two man midfields either to be truthful. I hope that if we were to keep Pirlo, he wouldn't be stubborn about systems.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I never liked Sarri, but this bum is hands down the worst coach we've had since Ciro Ferrara.
He had a Scudetto winning squad and we needed Hellas to help us out in the last day of the season to qualify for UCL.
We never should have appointed a complete rookie with zero experience obviously. Pirlo was in way over his head. But the season was roughly comparable to last. 5 less points, more goals scored, less goals conceded, significantly better goal differential, same exit in CL, won two cup finals that we lost last year.

The biggest difference is that Pirlo didn’t figure out how to manage matches against the minnow clubs or we would have finished with more points than last year.

But Pirlo’s very first year as a coach being roughly equivalent to Sarri’s 30th year as a coach speaks volumes as to how utterly mediocre Sarri is, and how disastrous an appointment he was as our coach. Disgraceful decision from management to replace a legend like Max with that bum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)