Not open for further replies.
OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #122
    i think Nocerino would be more suited to playing alongside Pirlo than Zanetti..Pirlo would be the one sitting back and distributing the ball..while Nocerino can play the "Gattuso" role.
    I said that because its better to compare how would he look like in Juve,not Bayern. ;)

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Pirlo in black and white...dunno i would feel funny seeing him at Juve...but it would definitely be a match made in footballing heaven

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
    I’m Not Going Anywhere, Pirlo Assures

Andrea Pirlo has reassured the Milan faithful by declaring that he has no intent to leave the San Siro in the summer.
    Juventus and Bayern Munich have both been linked with bank-busting bids for the Azzurri star, even though Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has always been keen to stress that the 28-year-old is not for sale for any price.

Now, it would certainly appear that their charm offensive has had no affect on Pirlo’s contentness in Milan.

“I can confirm that I’ll still be at Milan next season,” said the stylish midfielder. “The fact is that my contract runs until 2011.”

This was a marked shift in tone from comments made by Pirlo recently, as he had gotten in the habit of announcing his admiration for Juventus and Bayern, for whom his close friends Gianluigi Buffon and Luca Toni famously star.

This might not be enough to dissuade his suitors from preparing offers in excess of 25m Euro to test both Milan and Pirlo’s resolve, however, as the former Brescia man counts as one of the coveted midfielders on the planet.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

goal.com

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Milan's policy of holding on to players is hurting them and always has it seems. If we held on to players like Zidane, Davids, Inzaghi, etc. just because they're good we would have end up the same way as them; old and lousy.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Milan's policy of holding on to players is hurting them and always has it seems. If we held on to players like Zidane, Davids, Inzaghi, etc. just because they're good we would have end up the same way as them; old and lousy.
    Yeah.
    It's obvious that playing with the same faces year after year, with the same coach and using same tactics becomes boring and all their stars lose motivation. Just look at them, they always find motivation in CL, when playing for their national teams, when they play super cups and i expect them to do the same in club world championship, but they never do it in Italy.
    Look at Pirlo in Europe and serie A, look at Gattuso against Manchester last year and against the minnows in Italy. Kaka's last good match in serie A was...2004 ? 2005 ?
    I really don't understand Milan and how they are making things easier for us, Roma and Inter. All they needed this summer were 4-5 young players to put pressure on Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi or Seedorf. To make them feel how their place in the starting 11 is threatened. If they bought players like Nocerino, Iaquinta, Tiago or Hamsik not only they'd have gotten more hunger and pace in the team but they would have forced their stars to work harder and to find motivation where they usually never find.

But all these stars in Milan get very high wages, their place in the starting line up is safe and they almost never leave Milan exactly because of this. That's why, unless Pirlo has a wife that wants her children to learn the Turin dialect, i don't give a chance for us to sign him.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Yeah.
    It's obvious that playing with the same faces year after year, with the same coach and using same tactics becomes boring and all their stars lose motivation. Just look at them, they always find motivation in CL, when playing for their national teams, when they play super cups and i expect them to do the same in club world championship, but they never do it in Italy.
    Look at Pirlo in Europe and serie A, look at Gattuso against Manchester last year and against the minnows in Italy. Kaka's last good match in serie A was...2004 ? 2005 ?
    I really don't understand Milan and how they are making things easier for us, Roma and Inter. All they needed this summer were 4-5 young players to put pressure on Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi or Seedorf. To make them feel how their place in the starting 11 is threatened. If they bought players like Nocerino, Iaquinta, Tiago or Hamsik not only they'd have gotten more hunger and pace in the team but they would have forced their stars to work harder and to find motivation where they usually never find.

But all these stars in Milan get very high wages, their place in the starting line up is safe and they almost never leave Milan exactly because of this. That's why, unless Pirlo has a wife that wants her children to learn the Turin dialect, i don't give a chance for us to sign him.
    :tup:

Let me just ask you, wouldn't you sell Kaka to Real, who were offering 80m pounds? I mean with that money they revamp their aging defense, get two really good strikers, and have money left over to feed Ronaldo.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Milan did sell arguably the biggest fish in their tank ie Shevchenko,and they did struggle without him.Yes they won the CL,but Milan are simply not as effective upfront without him.I wouldnt put it Milan to sell one of their biggest stars yet again however.A team that was willing meet Ronaldinho's release clause is obviously very strong financially,and they dont need Kaka to be sold for a massive fee to reinforce their squad.They can do that without even selling Kaka.Provided we offer Milan the something around the 25m-30m mark,i think we can sign Pirlo,but im sure we wont be dishing out so much money on one player.Every player has a price,their is no such thing as an 'unsaleable' player.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    Milan did sell arguably the biggest fish in their tank ie Shevchenko,and they did struggle without him.Yes they won the CL,but Milan are simply not as effective upfront without him.I wouldnt put it Milan to sell one of their biggest stars yet again however.A team that was willing meet Ronaldinho's release clause is obviously very strong financially,and they dont need Kaka to be sold for a massive fee to reinforce their squad.They can do that without even selling Kaka.Provided we offer Milan the something around the 25m-30m mark,i think we can sign Pirlo,but im sure we wont be dishing out so much money on one player.Every player has a price,their is no such thing as an 'unsaleable' player.
    Absolutely agree :tup:

I dont think we will be a club willing to make a huge offer for anyone any time soon

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    AC Milan never met Ronaldhino's release clause, it true they offered a lot of money but was never near the release clause.

PS: Close the thread.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    of course they didnt offer money close to his release clause..its like what?? 150M??
    yeah I think its around €150 million euros or €100 million euros but its really high. But don't the release clauses in the Spanish league only apply to the spanish clubs, I read that somewhere, I think it was either Goal.com or Channel4. I really hate the fact that players can buyout their contracts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)