Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (9 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Not a reliable source? Just click "Edit" and change whatever you like. For these kind of things... Wiki doesn't deserve a place on any reliability-scale.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
This sounds like a three man midfield.

---Aquilani-Pirlo-Melo
Krasič-------------Giovinco
-----------Matri

Yeah, I know we ain't getting Gio back, but attacking winger is his perfect position, I can't see us getting a better player there.. All hopes on new coach taking the matters into his hands and forcing us to get Gio back.
Players like Marchisio and Quagliarella are a must with Pirlo in the team. Pirlo thrives with players that move into space and vice versa.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
That lineup sucks donkey balls tho; nowhere near good enough to finish top 3. I shudder at the thought of what our bench would look like, if that is indeed a viable and realistic starting formation for next season!

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Players like Marchisio and Quagliarella are a must with Pirlo in the team. Pirlo thrives with players that move into space and vice versa.
Well it's not like Krasič, Gio or Matri doesn't offer off-ball movements, but of course that was just a draft version (and probably not the perfect one), if we're going to play 4321 next season, Marchisio and Quag will be here too. Just wanted to point out that 3 man midfield gives space for Giovinco to thrive.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
In what way would Melo and Marchisio offer Pirlo better support than 2005 Milan

Kaka

Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso
or

2007 Milan

Seedorf-Kaka

Ambrosini-Pirlo-Gattuso​

?
I mean the guys on his flanks.

they will prove it next season...unless Melo gets sold.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Oh, I meant right back actually :D
Okay. :D

I'm not convinced a great RB would help Krasic that much, other than meaning he should have less defending to do.

In many cases I think that when a team has a good attacking winger, such as Krasic, having an attacking fullback playing on the same side only serves to create more traffic on that side of the pitch and is likely to result in the winger having less space in which to work.

Better, in my view, to use other players to stretch the pitch to force the opposition to spread all over the pitch and not be able to commit several players to marking the winger.

Pirlo signing should help Krasic a lot, though.

I would say that signing a good left winger would help Krasic more than playing with a better RB.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Okay. :D

I'm not convinced a great RB would help Krasic that much, other than meaning he should have less defending to do.

In many cases I think that when a team has a good attacking winger, such as Krasic, having an attacking fullback playing on the same side only serves to create more traffic on that side of the pitch and is likely to result in the winger having less space in which to work.

Better, in my view, to use other players to stretch the pitch to force the opposition to spread all over the pitch and not be able to commit several players to marking the winger.

Pirlo signing should help Krasic a lot, though.
I agree, it can be tough to play in that case, but in this case I think it's different as we'd see Krasic with a free role most of the time, where he'd cut in the center very often.

Having a defensive fullback is wrong at many levels IMO (especially if we're bound to play flat 4-4-2). Only decent at defending would be ok in my opinion, if he's great at going forward.

Jul 1, 2010
I agree, it can be tough to play in that case, but in this case I think it's different as we'd see Krasic with a free role most of the time, where he'd cut in the center very often.

Having a defensive fullback is wrong at many levels IMO (especially if we're bound to play flat 4-4-2). Only decent at defending would be ok in my opinion, if he's great at going forward.
That's why we need something like: Isla-Bonucci-Chiellini-Cissokho

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Capello on Juve and Pirlo

Fabio Capello says Juventus must buy two or three quality players this summer, like Milan’s Andrea Pirlo.

The England manager knows Juve well after appearing for them as a player and then coaching the outfit.

The Old Lady are set to renew things in the summer with a new Coach, Antonio Conte, and new squad players after a difficult campaign.

Juventus must return to being competitive, but without rushing things,” the former Roma and Milan boss noted.

They have a need for quality and not quantity. They need two or three signings, but real signings,” he warned.

Milan did the same last summer. When they brought in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Robinho I phoned Vice-President Adriano Galliani and told him that they have finally signed true players. Juventus must do the same.”

According to reports, Pirlo will arrive in Turin after he yesterday confirmed that he would be leaving Italian champions Milan.

Everyone knows what kind of a player Pirlo is,” Capello continued.

“I don’t know where he will play next season, but I hope he can still feature at the highest levels. If he is fit then he is capable of making a difference.”

FI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)