Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (9 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
«...and for that reason it is right that I'll continue to play in Europe.»

Enough said, we're his plan B. I'd accept him anyway.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ofcourse we are his be plan, why would he want to leave the team he has been in for a decade and who he just won league title with? Only thing that is suprising about this is that we have been had by Gazzetta, yet again. Thought it was more or less done and dusted.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:D

You just can't say that about the best passer of the last 10/20 years.
Best passer of the past 20 years? There was a time he was the best in the current game, but the 20 years stuff is a stretch.

For instance, I'd argue Veron was the better long-range passer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Would say Totti and Pirlo are the best pure precision passers I seen, with several honourable mentions (Riquelme, Zizou, Xavi etc).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm taking overall just precise passing (every type, but he is greatest at one touch passing, never seen anyone like it), Totti doesnt play deep enough to exclusively focus on long range passing, but he is/was great at them. Defenitely better vision then Veron (who was great and I have seen since Sampdoria, but still).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm taking overall just precise passing (every type, but he is greatest at one touch passing, never seen anyone like it), Totti doesnt play deep enough to exclusively focus on long range passing, but he is/was great at them. Defenitely better vision then Veron (who was great and I have seen since Sampdoria, but still).
Yeah, that's true. Totti has eyes in the back of his head at times.

Zizou>All in passes.
Not long range missiles though.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont forget Rui Costa peons. I remember my first Serie A game was spring 2001, Fiorentina-Udinese, and in the warm up for this game, this dude was standing on one end of the pitch, while Di Livio was on another. He was doing one touch (several volley passes) direct long passes to Di Livio like 60ms out, and not only was he hitting them with such ridicolous technique, but every single one was dead on Di Livio's clumsy feet. Was pretty ridicolous to see.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Pirlo best passer in the last 20 years :lol: yeah right.
I think that is hyperbole, really.

I mean, the 90's had a ton of good passers. Hagi, Laudrup, Rui Costa, Zizou... those guys were sick in all ranges.

To me, Rui Costa was a very underrated passer. Plus his technique was out of this world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dont forget Rui Costa peons. I remember my first Serie A game was spring 2001, Fiorentina-Udinese, and in the warm up for this game, this dude was standing on one end of the pitch, while Di Livio was on another. He was doing one touch (several volley passes) direct long passes to Di Livio like 60ms out, and not only was he hitting them with such ridicolous technique, but every single one was dead on Di Livio's clumsy feet. Was pretty ridicolous to see.
Both Rui Costa and Veron were a joy to watch. I miss those days in Serie A.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why is that sad?

Pizarro is an excellent passer

What's sad is how few top class ball-players there are in Serie A now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)