Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (6 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
sahin already tried to break into dortmunds first squad 6 years ago and flopped badly (although you could see glimpses of his ability) now after a big loan spell and the time in dortmund he is hardly a guarantee... he might as well flop again when the going gets tough just like he did in his first two years at dortmund and of course we could not compete with real madrids money, wage offerings and champions league participation, so this just proves my point that we do not get anyone decent without money or CL

and to your last question ... if marotta already knew him from back then (2005) then he would be correct to not gamble on that player that already flopped in dortmund (a much less star-studded side back then)
:lol:

Sahin was 16 FUCKING YEARS OLD six years ago! And he "flopped"? :howler:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think Pirlo has deteriorated over the last couple of years as some do.

Pirlo is a passer, so he needs people to pass to.

In the past, he had great movement from guys like Cafu and Shevchenko for Milan and Zambrotta and Grosso for Italy.

Who now moves off the ball as well as those players did in their prime?

Give Pirlo movement and I'm willing to bet he'll still make the pass.

He's shown that this season when he's been able to find Ibrahimovic's chest from fifty yards when Ibrahimovic has move off his marker.

However, that does raise the question of whether Juve will have players who move well enough off the ball to make it worth having a great passer like Pirlo in the team.
Even so, we'll still need to replace him in at most two years.

If Pirlo arrives as a backup, fine. But if he's intended to be the main starter then it makes little sense considering he could very well be 33 until he becomes accompanied with the team. That's not whatsoever.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve need to do quite a lot, so I don't see the harm in getting an older guy like Pirlo to be a safe pair of hands for a season or two, before letting him become a backup.

That is only okay, though, if Juve do make proper longer-term signings in other positions.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
I'm ALL for getting Pirlo he has International experience, Champions League experience and is a really intelligent player..much better than Aquilani imo, only drawback is his age

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Juve need to do quite a lot, so I don't see the harm in getting an older guy like Pirlo to be a safe pair of hands for a season or two, before letting him become a backup.

That is only okay, though, if Juve do make proper longer-term signings in other positions.
I think that if one believes Pirlo is as good as he was four years ago, they're being delusional.

He would be a risk in counting on him and him alone in his role.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I don't think they have any blueprint for success.
they have been in the top four for the last decade, twice winning argubly the most competitive league in the world, twice runners-up in that league, once going the whole season undefeated...runners-up in a champions league final...3 FA Cups, several more finals appearances. A deserved reputation as playing very attractive football. Their league showing is more impressive when you take into account their lack of huge spending, in comparison to their major rivals domestically. Brilliant scouting network and player development coaches for both youth and senior players...not to mention a wicked new stadium, very stable finances and one of the best managers in the game at the helm.

You are mistaken, Ahmed. They do have a blueprint for success. One that I admire and envy. As do many others...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
they have been in the top four for the last decade, twice winning argubly the most competitive league in the world, twice runners-up in that league, once going the whole season undefeated...runners-up in a champions league final...3 FA Cups, several more finals appearances. A deserved reputation as playing very attractive football. Their league showing is more impressive when you take into account their lack of huge spending, in comparison to their major rivals domestically. Brilliant scouting network and player development coaches for both youth and senior players...not to mention a wicked new stadium, very stable finances and one of the best managers in the game at the helm.

You are mistaken, Ahmed. They do have a blueprint for success. One that I admire and envy. As do many others...
I mean recently.

Fuck Barca.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I mean recently.

Fuck Barca.
pathetic response. truly fkin pathetic...you show zero appreciation of what Arsenal have done with their own blueprint, this last decade, and respond as I would only accept as Ok from my teenage cousins, who know only the NOW and recent past. If you are in your teens, then fine. If not, you don't know what the fuk you are talking about ahmed....especially coming from a juventino, its borderline retarded to mock a suggestion of Arsenal following a blueprint of success, which has brought them much success...probably best i just assume that you are either a teenager, closer to 13 than 19, who knows nothing of the premiership.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
their last piece of silverware was the Community Shield 5-6 years ago, and even the fans have started murmuring about Wenger.

they had one great generation no doubt, but this new team is far from being winners, and that has been proved time and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)