Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (49 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Injury prone;
Not the same;
Short-term solution (32y);
High wages (higher than our biggest legend).

Still, he could be a good player/starter for us one year or two. And I'd rather have a another DM than Melo alongside him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I want us to have the strongest side possible so if signing Pirlo for 1 year allow us to sign a player for other position I`m ok with it. We save $ for one year so we could fund it for the next year cause lets face it we cant get 11 great players in one mercato!
As long as he is free and his wages are not too high I`m fine with this temp solution

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
This may be a good move or not. What I mean is that Pirlo was once a hell of a player on both defending and creating. Right now at 32, he can't run as he did. But the class is still there. I think that defensively he isn't the player that he was, but in creating he is still one of the best.

Currently we play with one pure defensive midfielder (Melo) and one midfielder that plays further on the pitch (Aquilani), who should mark, should create, but he doesn't need to run like Melo does. As we have seen, Aquilani can't mark as his position demands, he is good at the other 2 tasks. Not exceptional but good.

So, if we sign Pirlo in order to get rid of Melo and play with Pirlo and Aquilani next year, then we are screwed. Pirlo at this age can't cover half of the distance that Melo usually does. If thats the case, the problems with Aquilani are still there, and we will have a worse midfield pair next year with Pirlo instead of Melo.

On the other hand, if we sign Pirlo in order to get rid of Aquilani, I think it could be a very good move. We will have still Melo to do all the dirty job and additionally getting forward whenever possible and at those times Pirlo will be able to defend. Additionally, Pirlo can mark better than Aquilani, he is better at creating, he is experienced enough to be able not to get completely anonymous in some matches and he does not need to run a lot as Melo will do most of the dirty job. If this is the case, I like it. I like having a midfield pair consisting of one energetic and one very calm player, both of which can pass well, create, mark and also have a nice long shot.

So, in my opinion it really depends on what we are signing Pirlo for...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I always liked Pirlo's vision and class, but to say I'm satisfied with this move, I'd be lying. Certainly not a step forward investment, but more like one of those stop gap solutions we've been very familiar with recently.
Because Pirlo is only a short term solution. Now next year at this time we'll be trying to find Pirlo's replacement.

It's ridiculous.
or a shrewd pickup from the free agent's list.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
This is amazing, I thought there was no chance of us getting more 2006 WC but they still find them, one by one.

3 year contract for a player who already sucks? So we're going to pay him 4m a year to suck for 3 more years? I swear this club is run by morons, fucking idiots. I'm getting so pissed right now. Fuck the front office, their fetish for Italians and 2006 Champions. I wish Italy never won that bloody WC in 2006, worst thing ever.
Zaccardo is next.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Grosso
Fabio Cannavaro
Andrea Barzagli
Alessandro Del Piero
Luca Toni
Vincenzo Iaquinta
Mauro Camoranesi
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo
Filippo Inzaghi
Simone Perrotta
Angelo Peruzzi

13(with Pirlo) out of 23 players from that fuckin' 2006 squad has represented our club and I think nr 14(Zaccardo) will be here any second now.. Some people collect cool stuff, we collect 2006 Italian world champions.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon
Fabio Grosso
Fabio Cannavaro
Andrea Barzagli
Alessandro Del Piero
Luca Toni
Vincenzo Iaquinta
Mauro Camoranesi
Gianluca Zambrotta
Andrea Pirlo
Filippo Inzaghi
Simone Perrotta
Angelo Peruzzi

13(with Pirlo) out of 23 players from that fuckin' 2006 squad has represented our club and I think nr 14(Zaccardo) will be here any second now.. Some people collect cool stuff, we collect 2006 Italian world champions.
I'm gonna cry :touched: :touched:

ITAJUVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)