Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (8 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
For 4 million in salary, believe me he'll definitely be a starter with such money or we're extremely dump (won't be surprising) to have a player on a 4 million wage who's just a backup.....
same can be said about toni... he erns 3 million year....and he is benchplayer

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As someone who has followed the majority of Milan's matches for years now, no, it's not a "soundbite." It's the truth. Milan fans will tell you much to the same effect.
I wasn't talking just about Pirlo. Not that I agree with that anyway, and I'm not Pirlo's biggest fan. He was a key part of the CL winning team in 2007 for one, had a strong season again in 2007-08. Since 2009-10 his output has gone down.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
There's no way he will get 4M a year. First, no one will offer him that. Second, he needs us more than we need him. He obviously wants to stay in Italy, play lots of minutes and most importantly, have a chance at Euro 2012. We are the best option for him. No way we should be giving him a top salary.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
There's no way he will get 4M a year. First, no one will offer him that. Second, he needs us more than we need him. He obviously wants to stay in Italy, play lots of minutes and most importantly, have a chance at Euro 2012. We are the best option for him. No way we should be giving him a top salary.
but then you see,we have the Marotta effect

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Good signing, we should sign a youngster to compete with him for the starting position and learn from him at the same time. Pirlo is a quick fix, and we need to sign somebody for the long run

Paolo Rossi

World Champion
Jul 8, 2007
This is amazing, I thought there was no chance of us getting more 2006 WC but they still find them, one by one.

3 year contract for a player who already sucks? So we're going to pay him 4m a year to suck for 3 more years? I swear this club is run by morons, fucking idiots. I'm getting so pissed right now. Fuck the front office, their fetish for Italians and 2006 Champions. I wish Italy never won that bloody WC in 2006, worst thing ever.
I was born with Juve blood in my veins, but I wouldn't trade that 2006 WC for anything in the World. As far as football goes, Italy will always come first bro.

But I do understand your frustration...Im actually surprised we got rid of Camoranesi lol. Who is next? Zaccardo? Barone? Gattuso?????????

Anyway, more I think about it, more I dont mind this move. Pirlo is better than Aquilani and he comes free of charge. Oh and I doubt he is getting paid 4M a year. Plus with no CL, who are we expecting to come here? No big name will want to play for us this year cause of that.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Its a massive risk, a really big one. If those figures are true then its a really bad move, especially considering what we are now paying Del Piero...

Having said that even at 31 he's got a lot more to offer us than Aquillani, who has really looked a shadow of the player he was supposed to be. His experience and mentality will also be a positive in a dressing room full of mental weaklings. Although he is getting old Pirlo's game never really relied on his pace or strength, so I can see him carrying on at a good level until he is 35, maybe even further - IF this season is a one off in terms of injuries...

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I always liked Pirlo's vision and class, but to say I'm satisfied with this move, I'd be lying. Certainly not a step forward investment, but more like one of those stop gap solutions we've been very familiar with recently.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If he's free why is everyone against him?
Because I hate to keep seeing this club signing more washed up Italians as a temporary solution when we could get some other player who is better and younger. It also goes against what Marotta implied before this season that we want to lower both the average age in the team and the wages. This and Toni's moves totally go against it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Because I hate to keep seeing this club signing more washed up Italians as a temporary solution when we could get some other player who is better and younger. It also goes against what Marotta implied before this season that we want to lower both the average age in the team and the wages. This and Toni's moves totally go against it.
That's because his whole age thing was BS.

It's just cover for his obsession with Italian mediocrity and above averageness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)