Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (40 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
While I don't think he'll join us, I think this could be a very shrewd signing. Even if he was brought in to start. We desperately need brains in our midfield.

Of course, that is if the money we save is instead spent on some real quality on other positions.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No it can't. That midfield sucks donkey balls, and will be raped by everyone. An invisible Marchisio, a nutcase in Melo, and a 5 years past it Pirlo is exactly what we don't need.

Nedvěd

Well if he comes ,we finally have a midfielder who can shoot from a distance if he will score is another story
You'll finally have a midfielder who knows how to pass the ball, and actually passes the ball for a reason. No offense to Melo, March and Aquilani but sometimes I feel they pass the ball for the sake of passing it, they pass the ball just because they can't think of better alternative and they pass it to the nearest guy.
I watched Pirlo against Palermo in the cup and he still got it in him, he can knock those long killer passes.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
No it can't. That midfield sucks donkey balls, and will be raped by everyone. An invisible Marchisio, a nutcase in Melo, and a 5 years past it Pirlo is exactly what we don't need.
He's just 31, free and the world's best playmaker at his peak. Definitely worth the gamble, particularly when compared to spending 10m+ on Aquilani. Just look at how efficient Melo's long opening passes to Krasic have been this season. Imagine having Pirlo hit those towards two quality wingers, which is what Milan lacks and which I'm sure would benefit a player like him.

Just look at what happened with Melo after we started playing with some width.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He's just 31, free and the world's best playmaker at his peak. Definitely worth the gamble, particularly when compared to spending 10m+ on Aquilani. Just look at how efficient Melo's long opening passes to Krasic have been this season. Imagine having Pirlo hit those towards two quality wingers, which is what Milan lacks and which I'm sure would benefit a player like him.

Just look at what happened with Melo after we started playing with some width.
Only 31? At his peak? I'm sorry, but he hasn't been at those levels witnessed in 2006 for almost 5 years now. Granted, the guy is a great passer when on form, how many games can we expect to see him in form? He isn't getting any younger, is injury prone, and has nothing left to prove. He has won everything in his glittering career, and his refusal/extended procrastination regarding a contract extension with Milan is clearly a sign that he only cares about earning one last fat paycheck. It doesn't have to be Pirlo, Aquilani, or Montolivo. There are a lot of hungrier, younger, and cheaper (in terms of wages) players in both Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga that can offer us more, without compromising on quality.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Read: WAS the world's best playmaker at his peak.

Find me a cheap, realistic younger alternative without having to compromise on quality and I'll gladly take it. Pirlo would be an upgrade to our current team, that is the point.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Really? What does he offer to Milan these days? He'll come here and fit right in with the losers as he winds down his career. He'll be another player with high wages that we'll be stuck with for the next 3 years.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Seriously, fuck Pirlo. I would have loved him here pre-2006, but not post 2010.

If we wish to be competitive and push for a top 3 finish, signings like Pirlo are exactly what we need to avoid. It's enough that we already acquired those two losers, Barzagli and Toni, in the January transfer window.

No need to add more fallen heroes from 06.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Pirlo is still a quality passer of the ball, you only dislike him for his age, he is by far better than anyone we have in terms of passing the ball, if anything having a player like him in our squad could be beneficial adding quality in depth

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Read: WAS the world's best playmaker at his peak.

Find me a cheap, realistic younger alternative without having to compromise on quality and I'll gladly take it. Pirlo would be an upgrade to our current team, that is the point.
Agreed.

Which only makes me stick to my opinion. Why take a gamble and offer any 31yo player skyhigh wages when he's simply NOT what he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)