Andrea Pirlo - CM - AC Milan (57 Viewers)

Aquilani or Pirlo?

• Aquilani

• Pirlo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Quite harsh, the Pirlohate. He may not be at his best, but 32 isn't old for the type of game he plays. And he sure knows how to play. Besides, Milan's midfield really does NOT tick without Pirlo.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Quite harsh, the Pirlohate. He may not be at his best, but 32 isn't old for the type of game he plays. And he sure knows how to play. Besides, Milan's midfield really does NOT tick without Pirlo.
He isn't that old I know, and I even thought he is 31 (one year younger), but I never liked his style. He is way too slow, his game fits catenaccio, I prefer quciker ones, like Nuri Sahin for example..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He isn't that old I know, and I even thought he is 31 (one year younger), but I never liked his style. He is way too slow, his game fits catenaccio, I prefer quciker ones, like Nuri Sahin for example..
In what way does his game fit catenaccio?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
slowing the game, playing more defensive. unlike those quick ones, who play the game quicker with lots o pass trafficking.
Pirlo plays the ball quickly when there is good movement. He only holds the ball when other options aren't available.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He is slow, thinking and moving. But sure I am aware he gives genius passes and assists sometimes, good at freekicks and shooting, I know these sound good enough qualities, but I am sure he will slow down our game even slower, not one of my favorite kind of players.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Much rather have him on a Bosman than spend money on Montolivo or keep Sissoko.
No doubt about that, Montolivo is one of the most overrated ever players in the league. and Sissoko is done here, and specially in Del Neri's system.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don't agree with the catenaccio reference but Pirlo is somewhat a limited player. Not the type I would want if we were playing in the CL next season but I think his play still suits Serie A well enough.

I wouldn't mind Pirlo here next season.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't agree with the catenaccio reference but Pirlo is somewhat a limited player. Not the type I would want if we were playing in the CL next season but I think his play still suits Serie A well enough.

I wouldn't mind Pirlo here next season.

It suits because Serie A is slow, and we all know where serie A and the Azzurri are heading..

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Slow, limited??. Are we talking about the same Pirlo here?? For sure, he's not at his best anymore, but the guy was a genius at his best. Pirlo's is always a couple of steps ahead of the rest, if the rest of the team knows how to move, if anything he makes a team play faster by huge margins. Limited, have you seen what this guy can do with a ball?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Slow, limited??. Are we talking about the same Pirlo here?? For sure, he's not at his best anymore, but the guy was a genius at his best. Pirlo's is always a couple of steps ahead of the rest, if the rest of the team knows how to move, if anything he makes a team play faster by huge margins. Limited, have you seen what this guy can do with a ball?
And this was the key word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)