Andrea Fortunato (2 Viewers)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i remember him on the field. he was a very good player. honestly, im not saying this because he past away from his illness, but he would have been another great defender for juve and the national team at that time.

i cant believe 10 years has past.:down:

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
He was a very good left back, and he was in the Juve team at quite a young age. I remember him scoring the winner against Napoli one year with a good strike.

He would definitely have gone on to be Juve's left back for many years, a very sad tale.

OP
isha00

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    You're welcome, desmond :)

++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
    Can you give us more details about andrea , Isha00 :)

Andrea Fortunato was born in Salerno on July, 26th 1971. He made his debut in SerieB on October 22nd 1989 and his first season in SerieA (with Genoa) was in 92-93.
    He came to Juventus in the summer of ’93 and proved to be a great leftback. He received also a call, from Sacchi, for the NT. But, at a point of the season, he started to get sick and injuried frequently, he didn’t play so good anymore, he seemed tired. The reason was found a couple of months later, in May '94: Andrea had leucemia. He started the treatments, that seemed to succeed. During this period he was really brave and it was him who reassured the people around him. In February he started to follow the team to away matches. Andrea was winning his battle.
    But one day he woke up with a fever, it was a pneumonia. He was still too debilitated to be able to recover. He died in the evening of the 25th of April. A few days before he had said: “I would never have imagined the beauty of a simple walk”

Here's the cover of the Hurra' Juventus of August 1993, that introduces the players bought that summer. Andrea is the first on the left in the second row.

Sep 14, 2003
    I was young, but I do remember him playing, I watched him on TV on afew occasions. He would've been a champoin, not only for Juve but for Italy too.

Worse part was his funeral, when Vialli read a speech and started crying, it was heartbreaking.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
    You're welcome, desmond :)

Andrea Fortunato was born in Salerno on July, 26th 1971. He made his debut in SerieB on October 22nd 1989 and his first season in SerieA (with Genoa) was in 92-93.
    He came to Juventus in the summer of ’93 and proved to be a great leftback. He received also a call, from Sacchi, for the NT. But, at a point of the season, he started to get sick and injuried frequently, he didn’t play so good anymore, he seemed tired. The reason was found a couple of months later, in May '94: Andrea had leucemia. He started the treatments, that seemed to succeed. During this period he was really brave and it was him who reassured the people around him. In February he started to follow the team to away matches. Andrea was winning his battle.
    But one day he woke up with a fever, it was a pneumonia. He was still too debilitated to be able to recover. He died in the evening of the 25th of April. A few days before he had said: “I would never have imagined the beauty of a simple walk”

Here's the cover of the Hurra' Juventus of August 1993, that introduces the players bought that summer. Andrea is the first on the left in the second row.

thanx Isha :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)