Andrea Barzagli (10 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I know this is a topic we've all talked about a thousand times but HOW has this guy been playing so well so consistently for a top club without taking almost any credit? Over the past 5 seasons I think we would all agree he has been our best defender and given that our defence has been the best in Europe it follows that he should be considered the best defender in the world.

When telling friends that he's been the world's best CB people actually laugh at me. They tell me Chiellini has been the best but now Bonucci is better. Amazing that this guy firstly has gone unnoticed and secondly doesn't seem to give a fuck about it. A real gentleman I hope to see with his own star outside our stadium once he retires.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I know this is a topic we've all talked about a thousand times but HOW has this guy been playing so well so consistently for a top club without taking almost any credit? Over the past 5 seasons I think we would all agree he has been our best defender and given that our defence has been the best in Europe it follows that he should be considered the best defender in the world.

When telling friends that he's been the world's best CB people actually laugh at me. They tell me Chiellini has been the best but now Bonucci is better. Amazing that this guy firstly has gone unnoticed and secondly doesn't seem to give a fuck about it. A real gentleman I hope to see with his own star outside our stadium once he retires.
He seems shy and keeps a low profile, even most Juve fans give more attention and love to Bonucci and Chiello (different to how they rate him in certain cases). Add to that, we're not as mainstream as other teams and even though this is changing, we were also pretty unknown when he was at his best. Even now when we're playing a back four, he's benched.

Barza is a legend, wish he'd take more space.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Most of the fans never wanted us to sign him in the first place...so no wonder it takes the rest of the world ever longer to realize what a gem he is.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

The past season it's probably been Bonucci tbh, but yeah, it's incredible. Most underrated player I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, you meant over the past 5 seasons overall. My bad.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- defender
- italian
- plays for juve
- old
- not a social media whore
- is excellent because of his reading and positiiong rather than his highlight reel slide tackles

He's just not an exciting player for neutral fan in any way and therefore gets little coverage or praise from media outlets or even pundits who can recognize the value he brings. An unsung hero

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)