Andrea Barzagli (17 Viewers)

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Would Barzagli's return mean that Caceres returns to the bench? I really hope it doesn't, he's been solid. Hopefully Conte drops Bonucci for Caceres when Barzagli returns.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Caceres is probably the worst passer on the team, I prefer him to Bonucci tenfold but he's not good enough on the ball to play in Bonuccis role

Which is why we need to do the sensible thing and scrap 3-5-2 as soon as we can.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I love Cacares, but tonight he made some silly errors and he tends to do these. Has anyone noticed the situation in the 1st half when instead of going after Sulejmani and closing him down for the shot he pulled Bonucci, tracking back to the middle unnecessarily. He doesn't inspire me with confidence as a CB; I'd rather see him as a FB in a back 4, on either side.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I love Cacares, but tonight he made some silly errors and he tends to do these. Has anyone noticed the situation in the 1st half when instead of going after Sulejmani and closing him down for the shot he pulled Bonucci, tracking back to the middle unnecessarily. He doesn't inspire me with confidence as a CB; I'd rather see him as a FB in a back 4, on either side.
i can't help but think that if barzagli did play he would have been fucked for pace, something caceres doesn't lack in

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think I know what play you're talking about. But he had to follow the man I think because Bonucci was a step in front of the line, in no man's land as usual, and the runner was going to be in behind him. I think Caceres had 2 men on that play.

Mar 9, 2006
Caceres is probably the worst passer on the team, I prefer him to Bonucci tenfold but he's not good enough on the ball to play in Bonuccis role

Which is why we need to do the sensible thing and scrap 3-5-2 as soon as we can.

Actually, our defenders have very good passing numbers, stop talking shit please, 1 poor game means nothing

Attachments

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
:agree: Caceres is a fullback; not CB. He's got capabilities to be a proper RB just like Licht. Both are under performing because none play to their strengths.

Barzagli is our best CB. In a back 4 Chiellini would be much better too. He'd finally focus on defending instead of clowning with the ball like he was playmaker :sergio:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Hopefully he is back next week against them. Caceres was really sloppy last night IMO (even though he was our best CB last night)

We need his calmness, brains and superior anticipation and defending ability next week against these fags.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
i can't help but think that if barzagli did play he would have been fucked for pace, something caceres doesn't lack in
Except that Caceras got beaten for pace quite a few times yesterday. Barzagli masks his lack of pace by superior positioning and awareness. Caceras had an average game last night. I don't get all the praises being showered on him.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
:tup:
I think I know what play you're talking about. But he had to follow the man I think because Bonucci was a step in front of the line, in no man's land as usual, and the runner was going to be in behind him. I think Caceres had 2 men on that play.
the one you are talking about was a 3v4 Benfica counterattack, and yes Caceres had 2 men on mark in that move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)