Andrea Barzagli (4 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Aside from when he lost Insigne and Buffon had to make the save at the near post...
He didnt allow him the angle to score, and intercepting that had a high chance for penalty imo

- - - Updated - - -

Each time i see barzagli play, i remember why i like italian football so much, and how mediocre pieces of shit the rest of the league's defenders are

Came at juventus, fixed the backline, beeing the real commander making bon and chiello play to their potential, but whilst remaining by far the best defender we got.

never blunders, never loses the duel, surprisingly good feet for his strong build

and lets not forget the few time when he bursts out of the defence with the ball and crosses the entire field

Best juventus defender since Cannavaro, and longer at a high level then cannavaro.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I guess if I had to pick against him and Cannavaro I'd pick him but I didn't see Cannavaro as much as I've seen Barza.
Cannavaro reached a "special" level during the 06 season. but over a 5 year period, he never kept as long at high level as barzagli has been.

Both are simular. regular height strong complete centrebacks, incedibly gifted in winning duels and anticipating, sheer impossible to pass, good in the air for their heights and commanding the backline.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the best defender in the World.
Fully agreed

- - - Updated - - -

I remember against real, how many times he stopped ronaldo in 1v1. today, simular.
players going in duel with him are lost before they engage

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Cannavaro was actually quite short for a CB, Zach, although he made that up with all other qualities.
wel thats why i said "detante", wich is a frensh term for the ability to leap off the ground for headers. Cannavaro had amazing timing and detante and won nearly allways the header against much taller forwards.

Another thing, was acceleration. He had some burst in him

here is a vid, with questionable music, that highlights how good he was at 2006WC. the footage is from just a few games against world class opponents

Its breath taking. And barzagli reminded me of him today

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I guess if I had to pick against him and Cannavaro I'd pick him but I didn't see Cannavaro as much as I've seen Barza.
You should defenitely seen more of Canna if you truly pick Barza over him, as great as he has been last few seasons, Canna was just in another level, only surpassed by Nesta as ultimate defender for me.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cannavaro was like the maradona of the defence. He was quicker than barza.

I think both are comparable in the way of how good they are technically when it comes to defending.

Barza is not as explosive or technical as canna.. but is no doubt world class and has the composure of the legendary italian defenders of the past.

UNlike Chiellini and Bonucci.... this guy is made of real legendary material.

I would love to include chiello in that league... but he doesnt have the technique or the IQ of the top of the line breed like barzagli and canna.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
He's better than Cannavaro in his prime.

I really mean it.
Slow down, Barza certainly is really good now, but Comparing to Cannavaro in his prime is a bit too much, the guy on the form of 2006 was probably one of the best defenders ever.

- - - Updated - - -

wel thats why i said "detante", wich is a frensh term for the ability to leap off the ground for headers. Cannavaro had amazing timing and detante and won nearly allways the header against much taller forwards.

here is a vid, with questionable music, that highlights how good he was at 2006WC. the footage is from just a few games against world class opponents

That video... That team was so awesome to watch just for that guy, he was on GOD mode that tournament.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Please, Cannavaro was from another Galaxy in his prime compared to our guys. None of our guys would ever reach that level. The funny thing is his height probably helped him be so agile.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What about his time in Parma? Inter is well known for their bad calls. Pirlo, Seedorf...

As good as Barzagli currently is, Cannavaro was still a level above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)