Andrea Barzagli (5 Viewers)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
he could've done better on the second goal, would have to watch a replay but I'm pretty sure he was a little out of position. but otherwise solid game

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
don't remember really, I could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Barzagli: We should have sat back
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Barzagli says he was partly to blame for the late equaliser Juventus conceded in the 2-2 draw with Galatasaray.

The Old Lady had gone 1-0 down after a mistake from Leonardo Bonucci, but they overturned the deficit with an Arturo Vidal penalty and a Fabio Quagliarella header.

However, Juve’s lead didn’t last long as Roberto Mancini’s side silenced the Juventus Stadium with a late strike.

“In all honesty, I’ll take a bit of the responsibility over the second goal,” the Italian international told Mediaset Premium.

“With three minutes to go, I should have told the team to come back and defend. We can’t concede a goal when it is four against four – especially when it comes to the Champions League.”

Barzagli, however, also admitted that his side may need to adapt after two years of impressive team displays.

“It’s pretty obvious that we can no longer play our game,” he added. “During these two years, however, a lot of teams have changed the way they play and we need to slightly change our approach to be the Juve of the past.

“In Europe, though, everything is more complicated because we are facing strong sides who mostly try to play their own game.”

Juventus will face Real Madrid next in the competition after collecting just two points from a possible six so far.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Even more bizarre was how we were ending up 2v2 and 3v2 in defence with the score at 2-2. Trying to win is one thing, but it's a bit early in the group to risk losing the point to gain it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)