Andrea Barzagli (140 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
When BBC were all at their individual peak I always thought Barzagli was the best, or at least most consistent, one. I obviously like Gatti, but seeing people compare him to Barzagli is so funny, I dont think they have anything in common outside of wearing #15 and playing the same position. I doubt we'll see anyone approach his level anytime soon. If only he had reached his peak earlier in his career, he could've been an all timer.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Question and follow up question: Was he the last of an era?
Nesta, Maldini and the others that could defend against anyone without strength or speed. Meaning they could be outrun, outjumped or out-muscled but still end up on top in their duels. Not through playing unfair or anything but just the astute reading of the game and anticipating events as they play out.
Is there anyone taking on that era? WC defenders today are ridiculously good but is there any care takers from that era?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Question and follow up question: Was he the last of an era?
Nesta, Maldini and the others that could defend against anyone without strength or speed. Meaning they could be outrun, outjumped or out-muscled but still end up on top in their duels. Not through playing unfair or anything but just the astute reading of the game and anticipating events as they play out.
Is there anyone taking on that era? WC defenders today are ridiculously good but is there any care takers from that era?
Hate to say it because fuck Napoli, but Kim Min-jae

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losin' my religion
Tryin' to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no, I've said too much
I haven't said enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 140)