Andrea Barzagli (68 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We shouldn't keep Howedes, especially if he gets something like 10 games this season.

Benatia, Chiellini, Caldara, Barza, and Rugani is more than sufficient, unless we are planning on selling Rugani for 40+ million :sigh:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We shouldn't keep Howedes, especially if he gets something like 10 games this season.

Benatia, Chiellini, Caldara, Barza, and Rugani is more than sufficient, unless we are planning on selling Rugani for 40+ million :sigh:
If Barzagli is gonna be 4th+ choice then I'm fine with him renewing a year. That far down the pecking order will serve him well with limited game time at his age. He will be fresh and ready when needed.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not only about years of servitude, but also impact. Iaquinta was an epic leech-fuck for 6 seasons, but he's no legend.
Do you consider Ravanelli and Vialli club legends? 4 years here each. Won the club it's first scudetto in like 10 years. Won a UEFA Cup and a CL as well. Both played huge parts in that scudetto, the UEFA Cup and the CL. Ravanelli also scored like 20 goals in 32 European Games while at Juventus.

I'd say yes to both regardless of the short spells here.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Do you consider Ravanelli and Vialli club legends? 4 years here each. Won the club it's first scudetto in like 10 years. Won a UEFA Cup and a CL as well. Both played huge parts in that scudetto, the UEFA Cup and the CL. Ravanelli also scored like 20 goals in 32 European Games while at Juventus.

I'd say yes to both regardless of the short spells here.
Definitely. They guided us to a CL title, so that seals it in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

A littlr of both
Pogba was great but left after a few years no legend
Pogba is definitely not a legend.

Apr 9, 2015
The term 'legend' is subjective and really vague. We all say players like Alessandro Del Piero, Scirea and Buffon are Juve legends, but the people who stayed shorter or played for several clubs aren't for everyone legends.

For me Barzagli is a legend, but I think for everyone he is at least a player who made part of our history, is loved and will not be forgotten after 8 years of Juve. Grande Barza!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
For me club legend is someone who was part of a winning team and spent majority of his prime at club, having good reliationship with club and fans, also after leaving the club.
For example Zidane is not a Juve legend for me, because he had his best times at Real and he is Madrids legend for me.
Bonucci is also not a legend because he left Juve at his prime and to (at least thats what people thought when he was leaving) direct rival.

Barza, Chiello, Marchisio, Licht are definitely legends.
Pjanic will be a Juve legend too if he stays for another two years and plays like he does now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)