Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (70 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What makes me laugh is how much effort we put into rebranding the club only to consistently play some of the most boring, uninspiring football I've ever seen on television. We're not attracting any new fans, probably lost any relatively recent ones too.
My nephew hates me for making him a Juventino. The only reason he hasn't switched to City yet is the shame of being a deserter

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
My nephew hates me for making him a Juventino. The only reason he hasn't switched to City yet is the shame of being a deserter

Lol the poor bastard! He should switch before it's too late because once you get to adulthood, you most likely will have zero attachment to any other club so its either stick it out with your team or watch games as a neutral.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
3 years ago I had seen CR7 juve jersey everywhere, specially youngster, I’m sure they learnt better by now and save themselves… I’m trying to stop supporting the team for real (and quit football in general) but it’s like a bad habit for decades so I realized already I’m beyond salvation now

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Switching club to support isn't as easy as it seems. Especially if you fell in love with Juve during 90's or before that.
Even when calciopoli happened, 2009-2011 seasons and this current Juve so painful to watch, I never once watch another clubs playing for 90 minutes full even CL finals. Even just 10 minutes feel so long and boring

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Supporting a team isn't just about following one who wins, or who plays well, or wins and plays well. And changing to whichever team is popular or winning means that you are going to feel almost nothing when the team you have cherry picked wins another trophy.

We've had our good times, we had 9 consecutive scudetti that many people simply got bored of after a while. Everyone including the club then became obsessed with the CL and shit the bed chasing it against teams with 2.5 times our budget. It failed and we go again. The next success becomes sweet. Go and support Real Madrid and "celebrate" another CL win if you want a bit of casual escapism from life or bragging rights online.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Tbh, watching this Juventus, I would have never become a supporter. Unless you grew up in Italy or Torino, and your family are diehard/staunch Juventus supporters, I can't see any reason for new fans to be supporting this club.

I can't imagine a kid growing up in the UK, the US, Japan, Egypt, Germany, or anywhere in the world for that matter dreaming of supporting the shit brand of football we play.

I was fortunate that my best friend in elementary school was an Italian from Torino who happened to be a diehard Juventinto, and when he gave me a poster and asked me to support "his team" I was obliged to do so because he was my best friend. I was also lucky that my dad loved watching Serie A at the time. I knew I didn't want to support the same team as my dad (Milan), and 2-3 years later, when, as a 13 year old, I was in a more favorable time zone, Juventus was the only team for me. Of course it helped that the player I idolized/adored (Baggio) was in Juventus colors at the time. It was a very simple decision to make.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Imo the best way to generate new fans is through the events that are major attractions and are viewed worldwide - CL knockouts, Euro's and WC's, you could also say EPL. We dont play much in CL knockouts lately and we dont play in EPL :D, but I can imagine a couple kids watching Italy in Euro2020, finding a connection with Chiesa, Chiellini-Bonucci or Locatelli and starting to follow Juve because of that. Sucks that Italy missed 2 WCs in a row and Chiesa fucked his knee.

F.e. I started following Juve in early 00s because I thought Del Piero was a footballing God and Davids was simply cool, combining grinta, a unique story and street football flair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)