André Villas Boas - Manager - Porto (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Capello failed with England and he wants a much better team to control i mean much much better. he is like Murinho handling stars not average players.
I wouldn`t say he failed with England

England was a wreck before he was the manager
They didn`t qualify for the european championship and looked aweful
Capello came in and dominated the qualifying group to the world cup
Its true they didn`t look like world champions at the WC but they did qualify from their group and only lost to Germany who are also one of the favourites!
So I wouldn`t call it failure (I wouldn`t call it a success eigther but its still much more than the past England managers did)

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Questioning the quality of Capello show's the brain size of some (only some) members here!
The way his team plays is another thing, he ain't a beauty to watch. But World Class coach he is!

Ps. I'm still more for a coach like Villas Boas, Van Gaal or Wenger.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Questioning the quality of Capello show's the brain size of some (only some) members here!
The way his team plays is another thing, he ain't a beauty to watch. But World Class coach he is!

Ps. I'm still more for a coach like Villas Boas, Van Gaal or Wenger.
Exactly
As for the other coaches you wrote Villas Boas is a bit of a risk and I`d surely like Wenger but I`m not sure he could do what we need right now which is to stabilize or team. After that is done he is the 1st on my wanted manager list.

mfdoom

Dec 18, 2010

Its true they didn`t look like world champions at the WC but they did qualify from their group and only lost to Germany who are also one of the favourites!
So I wouldn`t call it failure (I wouldn`t call it a success eigther but its still much more than the past England managers did)
Let's not forget that England are the most overrated team ever.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

Not really Sven used to get us to the Quarter Finals every competition.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

:lol: even to this day i can't help but laugh at the ignorance of english fans who actually think they are the best international team

please let my dreaaaaam come truuuuuueeeeeeeeee riiiiiggghhhttttt noooooooowwwwwwww :lol: Oh man i loved the thrashing the Germans gave in the world cup

Boksic

May 11, 2005
England were simply awful at the world cup, they never looked like a team capable of coming close to winning the competition at any point and barely qualified from a relatively straight forward group.

They also didn't exactly have the toughest group to qualify for the world cup, their main opposition was a Croatia team which badly missed Modric.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Portugal aren't a random team nor are Brazil.
Portugal are a good team but never an elite Brazil are definitely an elite team
Germany are more of Brazil level than Portugal level

England were simply awful at the world cup, they never looked like a team capable of coming close to winning the competition at any point and barely qualified from a relatively straight forward group.

They also didn't exactly have the toughest group to qualify for the world cup, their main opposition was a Croatia team which badly missed Modric.
Yes they were aweful
I expected them to play more like they played in the qualifying for the WC than how they did at the WC itself but it didn`t change the fact they reached the farest point they could as Germany are simply a better team

BTW they could have avoided them if they finished the group 1st but it didn`t happen because of poor refereeing

As for the qualifying yes they didn`t have a tough group they got a normal one like almost every national team and they dominated it.

In fact they didn`t have a tough group in the european qualifing group but they didn`t exactly qualified.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

Capello has always beenone of my most respected managers in the game. Success leading to success leading to success...his abilities are beyond doubt. However...he has not done 'much more' than past english managers. Neither did he inherit a wreck, unless you are talking about mentality, but even then, a core of the team was playing for top premiership teams who were doing fine and dandy at home and abroad. He was not as tactically astute as usual during the world cup. Admittedly, injuries played their part, but so did capello, as much as the players themselves. that bunch of players should have done better. The yanks fought hard as they always do, and their technique is improving year by year, but the goal we conceded against them was a joke. and that goal, after such a bright start, seemed to sap the blood from the english veins, for the rest of the tournament as a whole. a goalless draw with algeria? struggling hard to overcome the might slovenia, then getting savaged by our old enemy, the krouts...whether over-rated or not, that england squad should be winning those games. mental frailities galore...a little similar, in some ways, to our own issues. once the chips are down, a defeatist mentality sets in, and capello simply couldnt rouse the troops. weakness in goal and alongside terry in the middle at the back contribued massively, but most english supporters i know, most football supporters from anywhere i know, see capello as failing as much as a team which together should have been so much better...still, to me, one o a handful of truly world class coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)