André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noki

Apr 28, 2016
Will Valencia accept such low offer though? I doubt
I don't know, I think if they get a superior offer they'll go for more money, obviously. I think they are trying to establish themselves as a seller club and it all depends on their willingness to wait and expectations of future added value of the player. As things go they would make 100% profit in one year if they sell for 30m. If they think they can sell to an english club for 45m further down the summer, they're likely to wait.. Or they can think he can develop into a 50m midfielder in two years and decide to take a risk. It's always hard to guess these kind of things. From my experience, seller clubs will sell when the value of the player increased a sufficient margin and if there's an offer, so they can give space to the next player to be valorized, but you never know

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I mean running things creatively from midfield. Pjanic would take the some of the burden from Pogba and make us alot unpredictable. Same with Dybala who at times have to drop very deep to get things going.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Thats why Gomes would be a better fit :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba and Gomes

Two physically imposing technical CM's

We havent had something like this since a long time

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Thats why Gomes would be a better fit :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba and Gomes

Two physically imposing technical CM's

We havent had something like this since a long time
I'm starting to agree.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Pjanic b/c:
-Knows Serie A
-Passing & setting up the strikers
-Perfect player for the AM slot
-Age & longevity

I like Gomes b/c:
-Passing & dribbling
-work-rate & def contribution
-can play CM or AM

Tough decision. As long as Valencia don't try to rape us with the fee...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I like Pjanic as well but i just think Gomes adds a lot more 'solidity' to the midfield without compromising on technical ability.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Those Zaza to Valencia rumors are fantasy stuff.Typical Italian media pulling rumors out of their arse.

This will be a straight cash deal.I think United are not even remotely interested in him tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

In a scenario where we lose both Morata and Zaza,im damn sure we'll go after a young CF while bringing Berardi back as well.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Those Zaza to Valencia rumors are fantasy stuff.Typical Italian media pulling rumors out of their arse.

This will be a straight cash deal.I think United are not even remotely interested in him tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

In a scenario where we lose both Morata and Zaza,im damn sure we'll go after a young CF while bringing Berardi back as well.
What CF would you want?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
well a few pages back someone restated that valencia itself sold otamendi or whoever the name last season to city for 47m euros and that bayern promised 65 million in total for fucking renato sanches.

the inflation trend is clearly there, we CANNOT deny it, and for club like us it's either we suck it up or move on to other cheaper opportunities, the problem is, because it's a trend that involving more than a few clubs, the trend will be and already is growing, sooner than later even the mediocre players will cost a fortune for a club like juve, well in fact it already happened with juve players, example zaza already rumoured worth 30+ million despite being so average, heck the previous paragraph just proved this one, for both fucking otamendi and renato sanches combined were considered worth 110+ million is hilarious if not downright insanity but hey hello world, it's done already. :sergio:
City's 39 mill pounds for Laporte, Westham's 40 mill pounds for Lacazette are also reported in the media. I cant imagine a hike in inflation by that much but there definitely will be inflation as the money supply in football has increased a lot thanks to the new EPL deal and the new Adidas and Nike deals being thrown around.
It takes a Serie A team years of high performance and excellent management to have the kind of growth in revenues that EPL clubs will get in one shot from the new deal. UTD makes about as much money as Barca and Madrid despite being terrible on the pitch, and despite severely lacking in star power. They have not even been in the CL for a few years now. Barca on the other hand is winning trophies left and right, playing attractive football that people like, has starpower like Messi and Neymar and is collecting Ballon D'ors like there is no tomorrow and still don't have a gap on UTD. Thats the power of the EPL. Now imagine how much money these fuckers stand to make if they actually start performing in the EPL and Europe the way they used to.

We better start going for players with fixed release clauses because this is basically a price control on the player. If Pjanic's clause is 40 mill I think we have to take it. Not only is this figure close to his pre-inflation price, but after inflation sets in, players as good as pjanic will go for much much more. If Serie A doesnt get its shit together soon, we will be like a hardworking middle-class family that can't make it into the upper class because every raise they get is dwarfed by inflation. Its like getting a raise in Venzuela. You are making more money on paper, but the purchasing power of that money is lower.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
$stats.png

Pjanic :donedeal:

Gomes adds a lot more solidity to the midfield though :mut:
Wow I didnt expect Pjanic to be that much better tbh. I have never watched Gomes and it is unlikely that many here have watched him either. But as far as the stats go Pjanic looks like he is from another planet.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I really dont know why this Daidevil dude is comparing stats of both those players when its a different discussion altogether.
We're purely speaking in terms of profile of both players as opposed to how good they actually are at this current juncture.
Pjanic is obviously better but i just feel management would be leaning towards Gomes' profile more.
Both have different qualities that has been described in the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)