An appeal for calm (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'm sure it won't have escaped your notice that emotions are running rather high in several volatile threads across the boards, a prominent member in Vinman has sadly taken the decison to leave, and with it there is even talk of the forum being divided or split. I don't think its gotten as severe as that, at least I hope not.

What I do know is that the current inflammatory posts are worsening the forum experience for basically all our members, which cannot be a good thing.

I'm asking for rational thought before posting.. if its going to cause offence, then is it really worth posting it? We have a private message function for people to iron out their difficulties in whatever manner they see fit, this forum is not a place for heated arguments/slanging matches, its not what we are about.

So please everyone take a deep breath calm down and take it easy. Hopefully we can get back to being a community rather than a metaphorical warzone.

Thanks for your time,
The moderators

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Come on Tom, we all know this place has never been calm. It's all war, with a few truces in between ;)

But I do agree, everyone chill.

Jul 12, 2002
At least people are having meaningful and intense dialogues. It's been a long time since this forum was so engaging.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Wow Tom, you can post something longer and more meaningfull than "Thread closed!"

Well done! :thumb:

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
    At least people are having meaningful and intense dialogues. It's been a long time since this forum was so engaging.
    I agree wholeheartedly in principal Ian, but we have to draw the line at personal attacks, the situation is in danger of getting out of hand.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I agree wholeheartedly in principal Ian, but we have to draw the line at personal attacks, the situation is in danger of getting out of hand.
    If you've got to draw the line, draw away...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sid ] ++
    is it an appeal or an order?;)
    Oh come on, you should know by now that "appeal" is just a blatant euphemism around here ;)

I haven't been around that much these days, so I've missed out on all of this action... when I get a bit more time I'll make sure I read back on all of this. Funny, isn't it, that my absence has coincided with something going rotten in the state of Denm... Juventuz :D j/k, it's pretty much always been a war around here, but judging by the incredible number of words in Tom's post, it must be fairly serious.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Well, all this trouble was started from a combinations of things:

-The disagreement between Vinni and multiple other forum members
    -My opening of the "Blame USA for Tsunami" thread
    -Lack of anything meaningful to post about

I want to apologize for my part in this trouble.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Talk about over reacting.

exactly. even though Vinny did express his opinions loudly he still shouldnt have left. how can you call a person an ignorant when he is asking a question. this forum should get rid of a lot of others before it get rid of the trouble makers.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Oh come on, you should know by now that "appeal" is just a blatant euphemism around here ;)

I haven't been around that much these days, so I've missed out on all of this action... when I get a bit more time I'll make sure I read back on all of this. Funny, isn't it, that my absence has coincided with something going rotten in the state of Denm... Juventuz :D j/k, it's pretty much always been a war around here, but judging by the incredible number of words in Tom's post, it must be fairly serious.

welcome back Hamlet

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
    This is a much needed post in light of what is going on and many (especially posters like me) should consider these words.

THAT SAID, you guys let this situation reach this level. You should have dealt with this B.S. when it was time and this type of situation would have never materialized. Deal with it swiftly and promptly so that only AIR hits the fan.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

exactly. even though Vinny did express his opinions loudly he still shouldnt have left. how can you call a person an ignorant when he is asking a question. this forum should get rid of a lot of others before it get rid of the trouble makers.
    I wasnt talking about vinman leaving, i was talking about this thread. People are acting like its a war zone? All I see is some dumb ass posting and its all good fun. Sit back and enjoy.

It seems the moderators want something big to solve. Get yourself a 1000 piece jig saw.

Or go solve that pesky problem thats costing this forum all the exciting members :D

Or dont, its good fun to watch atleast :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)