Amy Winehouse found dead (6 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
That's great, I'm supposed to feel bad for somebody who squandered chance after chance to do good things with her life by marrying a toolbox and becoming a drug-addict just like I'm supposed to feel ashamed that I have no sympathy for people who make stupid decisions.

Doing drugs (dangerous drugs) is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer. You know not to do it, if you die doing it you're an idiot and you're no big loss to the world and if you stop doing it you're still pretty silly for having done it in the first place. :hellyes:
Way to be compassionate to your fellow Juventini.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
I was referring to Sergio being a success story and you mocking his success.

it's easy to speak as you do when you have no comprehension of struggle.
You call it success, I call it recovering from a mistake. To me there is a difference between the two.

Believe it or not that quite untrue, I have been affected by drug abuse in my life. But you are correct in assuming that I don't know how difficult it would be to get off, let's say smack. Probably because I know it can kill you instantly and wouldn't try it.

I'm guessing IZ works for Samaritans.
No, but I think they do very important work. Barnardos collections is about as charitable as I get

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
You call it success, I call it recovering from a mistake. To me there is a difference between the two.

Believe it or not that quite untrue, I have been affected by drug abuse in my life. But you are correct in assuming that I don't know how difficult it would be to get off, let's say smack. Probably because I know it can kill you instantly and wouldn't try it.
have to agree here , never been tempted by trying the crap because I value my life way too much

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

So we shouldn't praise those that make mistakes but are able to learn from them? Then let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

There are different types of success. Each man is his own story.

I'm sure you've made mistakes in your life, and probably learned from them.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
So we shouldn't praise those that make mistakes but are able to learn from them? Then let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

we definitely should redemption and rebirth is for everyone. " Unless a man is born again he can not see the father in heaven"

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006

There are different types of mistakes as well as success. I don't intentionally do things I know will fail or be a bad idea or destroy my life. In today's world I am highly sceptical that those who choose to do drugs haven't been informed of their dangerous nature and lethality. Knowing something is 'wrong' and doing it anyway is different from thinking it's 'right' and honestly misjudging the world around you.

There's nothing laudable about doing what you have been informed and 'know' is wrong then stopping it, In my opinion.

I've made as many mistakes as anybody buy I've never expected praise for fixing what I was responsible for breaking. That's called responsibility and it's a basic requirement of a functioning adult, again IMO

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
we definitely should redemption and rebirth is for everyone. " Unless a man is born again he can not see the father in heaven"
Not everyone is due redemption. But if one is willing to strive toward the light, then there is a possibility for reward.

Amy Whinehouse never sought to get better. I feel no compassion for her.

People who find a way out of similar situations are a different case.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Not everyone is due redemption. But if one is willing to strive toward the light, then there is a possibility for reward.

Amy Whinehouse never sought to get better. I feel no compassion for her.

People who find a way out of similar situations are a different case.
well we can not know her heart she might have just was too clouded by darkness

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There are different types of mistakes as well as success. I don't intentionally do things I know will fail or be a bad idea or destroy my life. In today's world I am highly sceptical that those who choose to do drugs haven't been informed of their dangerous nature and lethality. Knowing something is 'wrong' and doing it anyway is different from thinking it's 'right' and honestly misjudging the world around you.

There's nothing laudable about doing what you have been informed and 'know' is wrong then stopping it, In my opinion.

I've made as many mistakes as anybody buy I've never expected praise for fixing what I was responsible for breaking. That's called responsibility and it's a basic requirement of a functioning adult, again IMO
Responsibility is something gained, learned. No one is born a 35 year old librarian.
I don't think former drug addicts want or need praise for fighting their demons. But I'm sure they don't appreciate being lumped in with Amy Whinehouse. There is a difference.
Anyway...

I once worked a job where we did things that were dangerous and potentially lethal everyday. We knew the possible results but worked anyway.

We had a saying "If you're gonna do stupid, think about it. Then do it well".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)