American NFL Football (151 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
A big ass DB for the Pats press-men coverage system. He is basically Brandon Browner 2.0

Tbh, not a player I thought the Pats would go for but they moved up 11 spots giving up pick 101 in the process for him, so they must really like him.

Some projections (Albert Breer comes to mind) had the Pats taking JJ Williams in the 1st round at 32 ... I thought they were nuts and there was no way Pats would even want him in the first lace ... Guess I was wrong.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'm sure it's a scheme thing but I read this kid was a mid 3rd rated talent. Can't complain with anything BB does
Same here, I thought of him as a 3rd and even 4th round pick. He's basically a Sherman/Browner type corner who, just like those two, didn't test all too well (ran a slow 40, etc).

I don't wanna question BB's picks on Defense but then again, he does have a history of overdrafting safeties in the 2nd round :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The moment Deebo Samuel got drafted by the 49ers is what it’s all about <a href="https://t.co/PYsduFma7w">pic.twitter.com/PYsduFma7w</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="">April 27, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, I thought of him as a 3rd and even 4th round pick. He's basically a Sherman/Browner type corner who, just like those two, didn't test all too well (ran a slow 40, etc).

I don't wanna question BB's picks on Defense but then again, he does have a history of overdrafting safeties in the 2nd round :D
Iwonder if this is the year they finally draft a Brady Successor. Will Grier is still on the board.

- - - Updated - - -

God, I love this time of the year. Especially when they draft players I like

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Iwonder if this is the year they finally draft a Brady Successor. Will Grier is still on the board.
I don't think Brady's successor is in this draft. Greer, Finley, Stidham, etc are all OK, just OK, developmental level QBs - not "apparent successor" level players, imo.

As long as they don't reach for one of them before late 4th round, I don't care ...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Reggie Wayne.

"I got clips. I got heat"

Apparently you still need a brain.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping against hope that Adderly and Rapp are still there in the 3rd.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Real smooth by Hightower there :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Reggie Wayne.

"I got clips. I got heat"

Apparently you still need a brain.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping against hope that Adderly and Rapp are still there in the 3rd.
As per my personal eval, top 3 safeties in this class are Rapp (SS), Hooker (hybrid S) and Thornhill (FS). You'd think one of them would be there. I hope one of Hooker or Thornhill goes to the Pats

- - - Updated - - -

Good pick for the Titans in AJ Brown.
Titans have done some good things recently, both in free agency acquisitions and draft picks. Only thing that's holding them back is the QB position as Mariota can't stay healthy and hasn't developed the way they hoped.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanders to the Eagles. Good pick. Liked him for the Pats

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How do you already know who the Eagles picked? :lol:

Might as well tell me who the Rams selected

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait. Do you mean the 53rd pick? I was putting pajamas on my son, so I missed a couple of picks

- - - Updated - - -

I think a WR goes here to the Chiefs. They may not have much of a choice.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I guess the Pats were really high on JJ Williams ...

- - - Updated - - -

How do you already know who the Eagles picked? :lol:

Might as well tell me who the Rams selected

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait. Do you mean the 53rd pick? I was putting pajamas on my son, so I missed a couple of picks

- - - Updated - - -

I think a WR goes here to the Chiefs. They may not have much of a choice.
:lol:

Just watching live TV, man, no time-machines involved here :D

And the Chiefs just took Tyreek Hill's replacement :klin:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Chiefs gave Frank Clark the money they had designated for a T. Hill extension and they just drafted a Hill-like WR in Mecole Hardman.

I think it's safe to say it's just a matter of time before they move on officially from Tyreek Hill.

Browns have to be licking their chops ...

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Was hoping Patriots would get one of Campbell or Hardman ...

- - - Updated - - -

And there you have it

- - - Updated - - -

These safties keep falling to the two of us @acmilan
Watch my Pats reach for a QB at 64 ... not even funny how big of a waste such a pick would be with so much better talent still out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Rapp off the board to the Rams, finally making their first pick in the draft at 61.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cardinals :lol:

Can't even get a mid 2nd round pick for Rosen :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Andy Isabella :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, what the hell.................................

Fucking trade down now.

- - - Updated - - -

If Deionte Thompson is still on the board, then go for it. If not, trade down.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And they shouldn't. Cards painted themselves into a corner and Rosen is a very controversial player (character-wise).

I wonder why Edelman is Isabella's NFL comp :p
So was Trent Taylor, and he was every bit as productive, and he went in the 5th round. I don't know, that just seems way too high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)