American NFL Football (15 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He is good. A bit earlier than I expected, mostly due to him being a bit under the radar coming from small school, but he is a good player.

Had him potentially going to Pats somewhere in mid 2nd

- - - Updated - - -

Ravens keep beating that dead horse
I figured we would trade back and get him in the second.

Why do you think Taylor tumbled?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

No idea. Possibly either a medical or a character concern.
Don't think he can play LT, he is purely a RT and needs to improve in pass protection. This being said, I expected he'd be long gone by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Montez Sweat reportedly fell not so much due to medical concerns but teams questioning his character/mental make-up. Figures it would be the 'Skins who'd go up and snag him.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird draft by the Packers so far, imo. They spent huge in free agency on two DL players and then ended up taking the exact same type of player, with a lot of athleticism but a ton of question marks, at 12. Then they trade up 9-10 spots or whatever to take a safety, who I don't think is a top 3-4 safety in the class.

When you consider Rodgers' clock is racing, and they just appointed an Offensive HC, I think it would have made more sense for the Pack to get A-Rod some help (e.g. Fant and Dillard). Or if you are gonna go defense, at least get better players.

- - - Updated - - -

Jerry Tillery to the Chargers at 28. Very, very good pick, imo.

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning and sickening how one dipshit can fuck up his a his family's future. Then again, the Browns will probably pick him up and give him a huge deal.

Initial reports had the wife/fiancee as the suspected abuser but likely she took on the blame, so that Hill could get the big contract . Maybe the DA will have enough evidence now for who the real, and obvious, abuser has been all along.

Who could have expected this from a guy who beat up his pregnant girlfriend, right? At least he runs a fast 40, though ...

Last edited:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I’m pretty excited. Probably go OL, DB in the second with a WR/RB in the third.

Still trying to wrap my head around that Giants pick. Daniel Jones is not clutch.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I’m pretty excited. Probably go OL, DB in the second with a WR/RB in the third.

Still trying to wrap my head around that Giants pick. Daniel Jones is not clutch.
Never mind not being clutch. He isn't even good.

I don't know what they were thinking, to be honest. It would have made more sense if they got him at 17. You could have had Josh Allen and Daniel Jones.

I don't know what the fuck that was. Sometimes its not a good thing to have multiple 1st round picks.

- - - Updated - - -

My ultimate dream scenario for the 49ers is AJ Brown in the 2nd and Juan Thornhill in the third

- - - Updated - - -

Or if Taylor Rapp is there in the 2nd, take him and hope that Hakeem Butler slips to the 3rd

- - - Updated - - -

On another note.

Tyreek Hill needs to be handled with a baseball bat in a closed room for 10 minutes. Whatever happens as a result, it is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

At some point, these owners need to say enough is enough.

The thought of this just sickens me. My son is going to be 3 in 2 days, and I would NEVER, EVER even think about doing any of the things that this jackoff has admitted to doing.

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That's because you know nothing about the "Packers model" :p

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-gm-cites-packers-model-in-drafting-qb-jones

When you think about it, Giants could have been building around Darnold, OBJ and Josh Allen now. They passed on that for Jones, Barkley and D.Lawrence.

As greatly talented as Barkley is, the shortened lifespan of players at his position with the heavy usage he is slated to see, could well have him overworked, beat up and his career winding down by the time Jones is ready to take the reins from Eli.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's because you know nothing about the "Packers model" :p

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...s-gm-cites-packers-model-in-drafting-qb-jones

When you think about it, Giants could have been building around Darnold, OBJ and Josh Allen now. They passed on that for Jones, Barkley and D.Lawrence.

As greatly talented as Barkley is, the shortened lifespan of players at his position with the heavy usage he is slated to see, could well have him overworked, beat up and his career winding down by the time Jones is ready to take the reins from Eli.

The issue isn't the plan they are putting in place, the big issue is the QB they took. He is simply not that good. He really isn't. There is absolutely no way anyone can tell me that he is a better prospect than Haskins, Lock, or Grier.

And at #6? The fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to see the 49ers trade down and see if they can get another 3rd round pick. Unless AJ Brown is there. You simply have to take him if that is the case. A young core of weapons like Kittle, Brown, Pettis, Breida in a Shanahan offense could be very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of working, I've been watching Nick Bosa highlights all morning.

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@CR 7

When you take a QB with the 6th pick, he is the centerpiece of your plan for the future.
In a vacuum, I can understand taking Barkley at 2 considering his talent. When you factor in the relative importance of the QB vs RB position in the NFL, however, I think they just had to take Darnold over Barkley. And it's not like Darnold lacked talent or anything.
The difference in the shelf-life of players at those two positions should have made taking a very talented QB over even a hyper-talented RB a pretty easy choice.

- - - Updated - - -

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
@CR 7

When you take a QB with the 6th pick, he is the centerpiece of your plan for the future.
In a vacuum, I can understand taking Barkley at 2 considering his talent. When you factor in the relative importance of the QB vs RB position in the NFL, however, I think they just had to take Darnold over Barkley. And it's not like Darnold lacked talent or anything.
The difference in the shelf-life of players at those two positions should have made taking a very talented QB over even a hyper-talented RB a pretty easy choice.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is that he was the wrong QB at 6. So very very wrong. What exactly does this guy have over Haskins that would warrant this? Washington got the far better prospect, 9 picks later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)